Friday, May 25, 2007

Grill Master

Slept in today! If you call 7am sleeping in then I enjoyed that rare treat of sleeping in today. Yesterday was busy with trying to shut down the school year. The shutting down was a bit more joyous knowing that our FCAT (Florida Comprehensive Achievement Test) scores were in and our Math Scores went up in both 7th and 8th Grade Math, both of which I teach. In the years of “Educational Accountability” my worth as a teacher has come down to a set of scores generated by 12 – 15 year olds who come from single parent, one income, who am I “staying” (Many kids do not ask each other “where” they live but rather where do you “stay?”) with homes. O.K., enough of how I dislike the current educational system, what did you do for fun on your first evening of summer?

I’m glad you asked – I grilled hamburgers, cheeseburgers, and hot dogs. Oh, what I nice family man you might say that I am. I would agree if my family included about 500 folks. Last night I was the “grill master” at Cocoa High’s Spring Football game vs. our cross-town rival, Rockledge. The school’s AD graciously gave the concession on both sides to the baseball team and me being the silly boy that I am volunteered to grill dead bovine and dead whatever goes into a hotdog nowadays carcasses for the crowd. I think I did O.K. when the police officers working the game came back for a second helping.

We’re looking forward to a visit from our good friends from South Carolina. Pray for them (Bob, Shelby, and their son Nathen) as they will be one of the ka-zillion crazies navigating the roads this Memorial Weekend. Our schedule includes a “Boat Day” with the youth group tomorrow, an all you can eat seafood buffet for Shelby’s birthday, and a little “grip it and rip it” time for Bob and me at a nearby golf course.

I would also ask you be in prayer over our potential merger with the DCC folks and our upcoming Bible Camp with starts on June 3rd. Have a great weekend family.

Comments:
Have a wonderful weekend. I will pray for you...especially the merger...that is exciting stuff!
 
That camp is really just around the corner. Courage!
 
I have 2 and 1/2 weeks left. I don't think I can read your blog for 2 and 1/2 weeks.
 
mmmmmmmm..........I'm Hungry. I need to go grill me up some good burgers. Thanks alot!
 
I grilled myself a burger tonight!
 
I wish you well for today and the rest of your summer brother. Enjoy!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?