Tuesday, April 03, 2007

364

Hello Friends. Sorry for the lapse in posts. We were on Spring Break last week and driving back and forth from the “Palm Bay Spring Break Baseball Classic.” We ended up in 5th place with a record of 2 and 1. Steven did well playing mostly at 2nd. I drove him and 4 of his fellow players to the Tournament each day. I had a great time enjoying their banter back and forth.

Now, how about them Florida Gators! In 364 days they have brought home 2 NCAA Basketball Championships and 1 Football Championship sandwiched in between. There has never, never been a University to enjoy this kind of unprecedented success in the span of one year. I wonder if the Ohio State Buckeyes are getting a complex when it comes to Gators having been beaten by UF in two Championship games in the span of one year.

My condolences go out to you bloggers who root for UCLA and Oregon as well. I can tell you that the entire state of Florida whether you are a Hurricane, Seminole, or a Gator Fan can truly identify with a popular saying in Gainesville, “Ain’t it great to be a Florida Gator.”

Next Post: “They Are Us.”

Comments:
No "duping" here Judy. Gatorade really was first produced at UF for the Gator's Football Team back in the 60's to help them cope with the conditions at their stadium which BTW, is affectionately known as “The Swamp.”
 
Welcome back. Is men's basketball a college sport now? I thought it was something to do in the off season while waiting on football to start.

Go Lady Vols!

Peace.
 
I went to UF a few years back. The gatorade story is true. From what I understand those who invented it didn't really get anything from it because it was invented at the school in UF's labs, etc and so UF gets the profits. I could be wrong but that is what I heard.

And by the way, it sure is good to be a Florida gator!
 
I couldn't be happier for the end of college basketball season. It heralds the beginning of the only season I care about. And aren't my boys off to a nice start?

You think they're good, you should see my fantasy team.
 
Amen Steve on the start of the greatest season!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?