Friday, February 02, 2007

Sin

I thought I’d end the week on a “light note” talking about the subject of “sin.”
I did wonder when I posted “Sin” as the title of today’s post how many of my “un-commenting / commenting” readers would smile and think, “Well, the boy is finally coming clean.” Of course we all know that it is impossible to “come clean” without the power of God’s Grace to cleanse us of sin.

Our church is engaged in a church-wide daily reading of the Bible using the “The Daily Walk Bible – New Living Translation.” Today’s reading was out of Leviticus 4 – 7. I was struck by the fact that God no less than 7 times instructs Moses on how to deal with the different types of sins through sacrifices. I don’t know why but it reminded me of when I used to take my son Steven to my Mom’s to watch him during the day.

We had the same routine as we rode together. I can still see his 3 year old face smiling and laughing at me as I told him “it’s time to go over our “Inventory” as we headed to “Nanny’s.” I would ask him:
“Do you have your brown bear?” He would answer, “Check.”
“Do you have your Clifford the Red Dog?” “Check.”
“Do you have your (what we used to call his blanket) baby’s?” “Check.” We laughed together but it was also my way of signaling to my young son that Daddy loves you and I want you to be happy.

In Leviticus 4 – 7 God seems to be doing an inventory / checklist on how the people are to deal with their sins. For some God’s requirements in this section of Scripture might seem harsh, tedious, ridiculous, and indeed bloody. What spoke to me this morning was God’s love for us. He wants his people to be in a covenant relationship with him but he knows that we sin and that is something that separates us from him. So God, the loving Father provides a “vehicle” to provide a way for His people to deal with their sins and to have access to His Grace.

Praise be to God that Jesus became the ultimate sin offering for all of our sins. Be encouraged family for God the Father truly loves us.

Comments:
Yes!!

Praise the Lord!!!

-bill
 
Where would we be wihout His salvation? Completely lost and dead. Thanks be to God!! Praise Him!
 
Great post!! I always love the ones that talk about what an awesome God we have.

Thank you

Neva
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?