Thursday, January 25, 2007

Scholarly Question

I’ve been impressed by some of your posts recently. Greg (http://gregengland.com/) did one today asking about such scholarly matters as “the tractate in the Mishnah, “Avot” as well as having comments from my good friend and Camp partner in crime, the Puckster, commenting on “The Talmud,” Halakha, Shanah, and Gemara.

Now I am not a Biblical Scholar or a “preacher (see Greg’s list in the above post “Just Out Of Curiosity…”) type” but I do have a scholarly question for you preacher types and the rest of our blog church. Are you ready?

What is a “Christian Caldwell?” Are you stumped?
Is it killing you that me, a non-professional (a term Greg labeled me with) knows something that you don't know?
O.K., one more guess. If you really want the answer to enhance your knowledge base, just scroll down. If your pain is too great perhaps a time of fasting might be advised before you come back to this post to find the truth. For those that are ready, scroll down:













I found out the answer to the question, "What is a "Christian Caldwell" this morning.
It was about 8:30 am EST. I had a student in my class serving a detention. At about that time our school secretary announced over our intercom.
The “Christian Caldwell” is taking place in the Conference Room." A little background:

Despite the fact that we’re a public school we have a strong contingent of Christians starting with our Principal. We have a very active “Christ on Campus” club as well as a group of teachers that meets for a weekly devotional. So, when the announcement about the “Christian Caldwell” meeting came over the intercom I asked out loud, “What is a Christian Caldwell?” I knew we had some teachers involved in various types of ministries at their respective churches so I was interested to find out about this “Christian Caldwell.”

So, I asked out loud, “What is a Christian Caldwell?” As I pondered the possibilities the little girl that was serving her detention gave me the answer.

Her answer: “He’s a kid in my fifth period.”
There you have it. Like my brother Steve in Fresno (http://intentionalwalk.blogspot.com/) who tries to open his classroom with his car keys, I too need a break. Did I get anybody?

Comments:
Mrs. Caldwell's son. Duh!
 
Or maybe Mrs. Caldwell's daughter.

Hang in there bro, Pepperdine is not too far away . . . relaxation and a life of ease . . . and attending your lecture.

Today I was picking which lecture I was going to attend and I realized that I have to speak at two lectures . . . might break Greg's old record.

Peace.
 
The detention kid said, "He's a kid in my fifth period." I think that eliminates the daughter theory.
 
Greg - yes.

Randy - Our Secretary was inturrupted (as always happens in the Front Office in the morning) in the middle of her anouncement so instead of saying, "The Christian Caldwell conference will take place in ....." it came out, "The Christian Caldwell.... will take place in ...."

Puck - 2 lectures would break Greg's record by 2 I believe.

Judy - Apparently I was too.
 
It could have been the detention kid's way of pulling one over on you. Ha!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?