Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Prayers for Ray / Walker's Day

First, let me ask for prayers for my fellow elder and friend, Ray. Ray goes in today for back (disk fusion) surgery today. Ray is a Sgt. Major in the Florida National Guard having served our country in Afghanistan in Operation Enduring Freedom. At the moment Ray and I are a “dynamic duo” at church so I will miss him for a while.

Yesterday was quite a day. It started off with an email from Steven’s baseball coach around 10am. The coach wanted to know if Steven had a physical and a record of it. This was an important question seeing as tryouts started yesterday and one must have a physical to tryout. God bless the coach for alerting me in the morning. When I read the email my heart skipped a beat. I was sure Steven had a physical back in September but doubt now entered my mind as well as the fact that I didn’t have proof of it.

As I entered panic mode I called several doctors, chiropractors, and walk in clinics before I was able to procure an appointment for the boy. Fortunately I had 2 planning periods in the afternoon and my Principal granted me comp time to pick up Steven. A teammate of mind agreed to cover my 5th period. So, it was off to Cocoa High to pick up Steven at 1:20 and then off to the Doctor’s to his physical. I was able to get Steven back to school before the end of his last class.

At 3:45 Steven started tryouts fully legal. I would ask that you say a prayer for him. It shouldn’t be a question of making varsity although you never know. He is hoping to vie for a starting position at 2nd or leftfield. His fielding was almost flawless yesterday. Today starts the hitting phase of practice.

After tryouts it was off to church to meet Barb and then off to Merritt Island for Steven’s guitar lessons at 7. While he was at guitar Barb and I went to B.J.’s Wholesale Club to shop for tonight’s Wednesday night meal. At 7:30 we were off to Ray’s to pray with him before today’s surgery.

This is a ritual we’ve repeated many times when Ray went off to his 2 week Annual Training or when he was deployed to Afghanistan. When then headed back to church to get Steven’s and Barb’s cars as well as drop off the food in our church’s kitchen.

It was a busy day full of scares and prayers but all in all it was a good day. Don’t forget to remember Ray, Steven, and Keith’s boy who was also trying out for his baseball team.

Comments:
We'll keep all in prayer. Sounds like a lot of action to get the boy in action.

Peace.
 
Physical? Rut-roe!! Good to have an understanding boss. And comp time.
 
Thanks Cecil for remembering Brandon. He hurt his finger (pinky on his throwing hand) at his last basketball practice day before yesterday. His last game was last night. We go for x-rays today.

I pray that God bless Steven with a starting position.
 
Ray came through the surgery. He was in and out in 45 minutes. I tried to see him yesterday but he was still in Recovery. Barb and I are heading down to see him today.
 
Wow! I'm stressed out and worn out just reading about your day! Glad to hear that Ray is doing well. May God's richest blessings attend your every need! -bill
 
As long as somebody somewhere is practicing baseball, it means that the season can't be far away. Thanks for bringing some springtime into this cold day.

Football. Ugh.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?