Monday, January 22, 2007

News From the Homefront

First, does it get any better than being able to blog while watching Jack's (24) brother bemoan the fact that they should have taken Jack out instead of turning him over to the Chinese courtesy of our new wireless router. I can't wait for 10pm EST.

I wanted to thank everyone for their prayers for my fellow elder, Ray. He is home from his disc fusion surgery and is beginning to get better. I'm looking forward to this coming Sunday when we'll install several men as elders, deacons, as well as identifying some ministry leaders.

My son Steven seems to be doing well as baseball tryouts come to an end. He really wants to start at second base. He seems to be fielding the ball consistently as well as hitting with some authority. I've always said that the key to starting is hitting. If you're hitting you'll be an everyday player in high school ball.

Sidebar - Steve, we're talking about baseball!!

Next on the "sickness" (those who feel compelled to play a guitar) front, our Steve-o has now started delving into song writing. He played part of a song he wrote for us tonight as my in-laws dined with us. Now, if you ask this proud papa how well the boy did I would say that he would blow the socks off of Simon. Then again you would expect that from Papa. What made my eyes moisten though was the subject of his song, Jesus and his relationship with our Lord and Savior.

Some days its good to blog.


Comments:
What you need to do with that wireless router is watch "24" while reading Dave Barry's real time blog comments on the show!

It's not a sickness that Steven has. It's more of what Jesus might call "life to the fullest!"
 
I'd love to hear that song.

I got to hear our praise band (yes, folks, we have a praise band) rehearse last night for Friday night's gathering. I won't ruin any surprises here for those of you coming for ZOE this weekend, but they blew me away. I don't think you can be proud of your sister the same way you can be proud of your son, but it's close.

Ahhhhhh, baseball.
 
Thanks for the catch up. No more on 24. I'm only at the 6th hour of the third season.
 
Go Steven! I hope he makes that starting postition.

Brandon starts try outs Monday night. We are just hoping for a position on the team. Although, after getting cut last year in eighth grade, it would be nice to see him secure a starting role.

I took Greg's suggetion Monday night and watched 24 while logged onto Dave Barry's blog. Big time Hilarious!!
 
Nice to find your blog. I always enjoy knowing there are other Florida bloggers out there. Found you through Steve Puckett's blog. I really like your church website. It is well done.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?