Wednesday, December 06, 2006

To Tape Or Shave?

“I’m a hacked off kind of guy.” I heard these words from one of Greg’s good friends while he (not Greg) was teaching a Sunday School Class. I fell in love (in a “how “bout” them Chicago Bears sort of way) with Greg’s friend when he uttered that phrase during class.

I guess you could say I’m a “hacked off kind of guy” since I’ve been coughing my head off for the last 3 weeks. I finally relented from my wife’s constant assault on my diagnosis skills and went to the Doctor yesterday. Once my rib cage started to hurt like a bad scene from WWF Wrestling I knew I needed to go not to mention the fact that moi is considered to be the “Clark Griswald” of our neighborhood and I have yet to find the energy to put up one strand of lights on the old abode yet.

I had the last appointment at 4 yesterday. I was taken back to the examining room at 5. This gave me one hour to contemplate the dynamics of quantum mechanics, play around with a little fracto-geometry, and come to the realization that I really need some help with my golf game after reading the same edition of “Golf Digest” several times. BTW – I love my Doctor. He is a really nice guy that will actually take some (as must have been practicing yesterday) time to talk to you. After listening to my lungs and sob story about being unable to run a 4 minute mile, he ordered up a round of x-rays and an EKG or an EEG. It’s the one us hairy guys dread because it brings up one of those questions that has plague mankind (or those of us who are a little closer to the “missing link” than others) for eons; do we shave this hairy rascal or tape him up and have some fun?

The answer from the tech for me yesterday was, we shall “tapeth thy chest.” Of course, on the first go around several electrodes were not reading (which can make one a bit nervous) so the solution, let’s add more tape! “Sir, are you allergic to duct tape?” “Just the blue kind Ma’m.”

Any way, more tape was added, a successful reading was had, and then I proceeded to rip all of the belt loops out of my pants as I was “de-taped” by the tech that seem to draw delight by showing the amount of hair that each piece of tape contained as it was ripped from my body.

The good news is my chest now looks like a map of the 7 continents as well as the “EE-thing” came out normal. The bad news is I have bronchitis with a possible touch of pneumonia. I am feeling a little better today after a night and a morning of taking some antibiotics.

So there you have it hair fans. Remember, for this boy if the question of tape or shave comes again, as for me and my chest, we will serve the blade.

Comments:
As soon as you asked the question, I was standing in front of my monitor screaming, take the shave, take the shave. NOT THE TAPE.

And I've only got 3 or 4 chest hairs and I know to take the shave…

Hope you get better…
 
Ha! I'll take hairy tape incidents any day over kidney stones and colonoscopies!

Glad you got a diagnosis and can now get well and work on that 10 minute mile, is that what you said?

Peace.
 
Not quite as bad as the torture scene from the latest James Bond movie, but OUCH! - I was cringing! Hope you recover quickly and are back to torturing your students with quantum and fracto.
 
I have absolutely no business commenting on this particular blog entry, huh? I hope you feel better soon!
 
Brady - You're so right!

Puck,Randy, and Dee:
You're going to complain about little things like kidney stones, colonoscopies, and heart surgery when I had to endure the ordeal of "tape torture?" I stand humbled before you in the "Hall of Pain."

John - I didn't see that movie but now I may have to buy the DVD. BTW - I never stop torturing my charges. Someone has to.

Greg - That is her wish.

Wendy - Good to hear from you and thanks.

Dee again - It makes you wonder doesn't it? Perhaps being close to Disney World has contaminated our "paradise?" After all, "it's a small world after all."
 
John just had to bring up that Bond scene. Believe me, it's one you will never forget.

Sorry to hear how sick you are. I'm starting my latest round of antibiotics as well. It's a wonder they can still find any that work on me. Surely I'm immune by now.

Hang in there, math bro. Let me know if you need a hand on the quantum stuff. (BTW, our superintendent made a comment last week about "taking a quantum leap." All us math folks shared a hearty laugh as it was obvious the man kneweth not what he said.)
 
Ouch!! That's painful just hearing about it. Hope all is well with you by now and that you still have some of your hair in tact. God bless brother!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?