Thursday, December 28, 2006

Saint Bobby?

Wow, am I glad that is over with. I switched my blog to the "new and improved" version and I thought it would never get switched, changed, transformed, or what ever takes hours in our computer driven age. Speaking of things that took too long to get over, how about this past College Football Season? Especially for this FSU Seminole fan. We went into Wednesday's Emerald Bowl with a record of 6 and 6. For Seminole fans this has been a season of lackluster offensive performances as well as being thumped in our house by Wake Forest. Wake Forest! Say it ain’t so. Then there’s “Saint Bobby.”

First, thanks for all the comments concerning the movie "We Are Marshall." If you haven't seen the movie yet, a very young Bobby Bowden who at the time is the head coach of West Virginia University, extends some kindness to the new Coach of Marshall that most coaches in my opinion would never have. Again, a must see movie and it will give you some appreciation for the "Head Nole." Now we fast forward to 2006:


Can you say, "Emerald Bowl Champions.” Yes, we crushed the team that defeated USC 44 – 27! We're king of the "nut (thats Emerald nuts) world." The Noles displayed more offense in that game than they had in their 3 previous games combined! In fact, if one of our wide receivers doesn’t step out of bounds on the way to the end zone, the Florida Gators might not be playing Ohio State on January 8th.

So Bobby, this blog is for you. Perhaps you’re not done yet and with all the talent coming back next year along with a new offensive coordinator. Little known fact about the Seminole Indian Tribe:
They were the only Indian Tribe that never surrendered to the United State Government.



Comments:
Cecil,

I stumbled across your blog. Thanks for the kudos! Since I don't blog I had a preacher friend of mine, Steve Puckett, blog this note for me.

Blessings from the Head Nole.

Bobby.
 
Congrats to your team! It was an interesting game to watch ... the part I saw.
 
You can get into a bowl game with a .500 record? Wow. They must be a really good 6 and 6 team. Glad they won, or they would have finished BELOW .500.
 
Okay, maybe I made it through the maze of being accepted on this new thing-a-ma-jig!

Glad your team won. I checked the score sometime during the Arkansas-Wisconsin game and went on to something else. Couldn't stand to see the Hogs lose. So call me a wimp! :)
 
Hope your new year is getting off to a great start! My family's favorite football team didn't fare so well. Who was that team that beat the Sooners? It was actually a great game. We just wish it had turned out differently.

blessings,
-bill
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?