Monday, December 18, 2006

Pub Titles / History

First, let me say there are no plans in the immediate future to build a Pub at our church. BTW – Wouldn’t it be wonderful if those who have a tendency to copy bits and pieces of my blog to use as gossip would copy that first sentence and make statements like, “You see, he or they, aren’t going off the deep end like I told you before." Can you have such a thing as “positive gossip?” Sorry, I digress.

Second, I thank you for all of the entries for naming “our not soon to be built” church Pub. I liked Greg’s “Shepherd Spring” and Judy’s “Home of Non-Alcoholics Anonymous." But with out a doubt we have to give it up to Justin’s, “Good News, Good Brews.” In fact, Justin’s title was so catchy that the Puckster and Bobby want to actually run the place. If we ever build such a place would you guys were one of those cool hats like the one Whoopie Goldberb wore as the bartender on “Star Trek Next Generation.”

Late breaking news: I, I mean "the Judges" didn't see Dee's entry of "Fire and Brimstone." They agreed that not only is it a good entry, it would be a great place to discuss some of those "hot" topics.

Next, let me encourage you visit one of our members who has started blogging at http://lcocoabeachbum.blogspot.com/
Curt is a great guy and I think you’ll enjoy his blog.

I believe in the history of all churches, there are certain events (both good and bad) that occur that can be markers or turning points in a church. I remember growing up in a small, conservative, “country” Baptist church. One day a man got up and played a guitar during the service. I didn’t understand what all of the hullabaloo was about but I was aware of enough adult conversations going on around me to know that a piano and organ were O.K. but a guitar was (sorry Greg, Randy, Keith, and Patrick) considered a “worldly instrument.” That day was certainly a turning point for that church.

I believe we had one of those turning points at Central yesterday. Our kids presented a play they had been working on called “The Big, Big, Story.” Our service was centered on the true meaning of Christmas as well as their play. Our kids were nothing short of spectacular. I told their leaders, Trey, Kathy, Elisha, and Dusty that I had seen some high school productions that were not as well coordinated as what 20 of our elementary school kids pulled off yesterday.

Our church is a young church and the future certainly looks bright with the continued blessing of God through the efforts of involved parents and those who love children.

Comments:
Dee - The "Judges" agreed with you. See the "re-post" of my post which was posted at, sorry, I'm getting carried away.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?