Sunday, November 19, 2006

Roll With It

Today was our last sermon from Tim Woodroof’s book, “Walk This Way,” on “the beatitudes.” In Matthew 5:10 – 12, Jesus says:

5:10 "Blessed are those who have been persecuted for the sake of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.5:11 "Blessed are you when men cast insults at you, and persecute you, and say all kinds of evil against you falsely, on account of Me.5:12 "Rejoice, and be glad, for your reward in heaven is great, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

One of the reflection questions at our lifegroup was, “When have you been persecuted for the sake of righteousness?” One of the members of our lifegroup stated how he feels persecution the most when he is trying to win someone to the Lord. He said it usually comes when I don’t have the answer to a question either about life or the Bible and the “questioner” knows that he is a Christian.

He stated that his knowledge about the Bible is somewhat limited but he is learning. Then he made a statement that on the surface is funny but as I think about it more I perceive a depth that I want in my walk. He said, “I don’t know a lot about “pre-millennialism” or “post-millennialism” but I do know this; if Jesus shows up in the clouds, I’m “rolling” with it!”

I fear at times I make faith, knowing Christ, doctrine, and other aspects of my walk with the Lord too complicated. Like my dear brother I just want a faith, sensitivity to the working of the Holy Spirit to know when God “shows up,” it’s time to “roll with it.”
Have a happy Monday my blog church.

Comments:
So true. Too often, we want the control of the wheel. The Spirit will guide. Isn't it amazing how simple things are to some and so complicated to others. I think that too many of us have "thought" our way into "religion" instead of feeling our way into Jesus.
 
Roll with it and Rock on it! See you up yonder!

I like the radio show I used to hear up in Tennessee where the speaker always closed with, "Until I see you on the air, I hope to meet you in the air."

Peace.
 
I used to be one to really argue about the coming of Christ. Now I just say, 'it's in God's hands and whatever he decides to do is ok with me."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?