Tuesday, October 17, 2006

"World's Fastest Human"

I just finished my grades for the first nine weeks. It is hard to believe we’re one-fourth through the year already.

It seems like it’s been a year since I did any running, I mean jogging. My 16 year old, in the best shape of his 0% body fat life tells me that I don’t run. I’ll acquiesce to his observation. Actually it’s been about 3 months since I last ran which was at Greg’s. There is a 3 mile route which coincidently I call “my route” that I usually run when I’m visiting Greg in beautiful “Bixby Knolls” / Long Beach. It is a very hilly (remember – I’m from Florida) route which makes me feel somewhat proud of myself when I complete it. But, that was 3 months ago.

So, today around 4:15pm, EST, I’ll be hitting the “bricks” while my son practices with the Cocoa High Baseball Team. My “route” will be a little over 2 miles provided I don’t pass out or quit. Would there be any shame in calling a cab?

Take care Family.

Comments:
I stopped running when I realized that nothing was chasing me.
 
Do they have cabs in Cocoa? Best of luck! (Watch out for alligators.)
 
I don't run except to the supper table when Ellen calls;)
 
Go for the gold! You are setting a good example for the rest of us to follow. I'll probably walk, though. You get just about as much benefit, but not as much wear and tear on the old body. Still, I admire your gumption! -bill
 
Someone told me you had to do 8 minute miles in order to be "running". I thought that was a bit harsh. You should get some credit for reading running magazines and wearing tennis shoes.
 
Steve - How about Father Time?

Gourd - They do hence the temptation.

Keith - I've been doing too much of that kind of running.

Bill - Very true and I'm probably not too far from my walking days.

Brady - 8 minute miles! No wonder they call me the "Piano Man" (as in carry one on my back) and not "World's Fastest Human."
 
So, let me get this straight, no one is chasing you, you are not chasing anyone, you are not in a hurry, there is no ball involved and yet you run?

If I'm not dribbling a round ball or trying to avoid having a "flag" pulled off my shorts while carrying an oval ball, then I don't run and can't see why anyone else would.

Then again, I'm in terrible shape, so pay me no mind.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?