Monday, October 30, 2006

Kudos to Wife / Fall Festival

For the last few years my wife has been the “Trail Boss” of our “Fall Festival / Trunk or Treat.” This year was another fine performance. My wife (or the 1st Sergeant as my National Guard buddy lovingly calls her) had our “FFTT” down to a fine science. The events were great, numerous kids abounded, clean up and transition to Trunk or Treat went both flawlessly and painlessly, and we had a great time.

My costume consisted of a t-shirt, shorts, tennis shoes, and a blue tu-tu. Good thing there were no pictures taken or at least I hope so. One of my other fellow (Ray) elders wore a multi-colored Afro wig. Somebody told me that as Ray and I stood next to each other, our preacher was telling one of the parents of our college kids that their son was in good hands as he pointed to Ray and me.

Our annual “Trunk or Treat” followed our Fall Festival. This has come to be one of my favorite events for a couple of reasons. First, it’s like a huge “sweet-tooth tail-gating party.” You can sit by your vehicle as the kiddos come by or you can peruse the “other trunks” while you’re hanging out with different folks. Second, it’s the one time of year that I get to break out our “fog machine.” I especially love handling the remote control as both kids and parents come by to “trick or treat.”

Someone asked me what was up with all of the “smoke?” I made a “cigarette smoking gesture” and said, “Tough elders meeting.”

Back to my wife – as I said before – she is a “fellowshipping machine.” I am so proud of her for she creates that “homey” environment that all churches need to help folks feel like their part of a greater family. So, to my lovely bride of almost 26 years, this blog is for you.

Comments:
Sounds like great fun. I'd love to have a smoking machine!
 
Glad you had a great time. These fall festivals are a lot of work but they are so much fun. Good job Barbara. I would also like to see a picture.
 
Maybe you and Randy can both put on the tutus and pose...the next time you're in the same place. It will give us a chance to see just how MUCH you look alike. While at the same time seeing you both in tutus.
 
Sounds like a good time was had by all. Don't be too sure there were no pictures taken, though. When you least expect them to resurface, they will. Just make sure the campus police don't get ahold of them. Then they will have a reason for barring you from the campus.

Blessings,
-bill
 
I just didn't need that picture of you in my head. Glad you guys did a great community thing!!
 
Now I get it! I'd seen "Trunk or Treat" signs up all over Nashville but never figured out what they meant. That's a nice idea, and I'm glad it went so well.

After seeing the picture from a few posts ago, I think maybe you should ask Ray to borrow his wig. ;)

Peace.
 
Greg - Believe it or not, I've asked for a picture. We'll see if it makes it through the "censors."

Steve - To "good looking guys" in tutus! Randy - If you'll (assuming you own one and I can borrow the one I had) bring a tutu I'll bring mine to Greg's for Pepperdine.

Greg - You're so bad.

Bill - Good point.

Gourd - The "hair" difference between Ray and I has narrowed.

Greg - Yes - Justin is going to Grad School at Vandy.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?