Thursday, October 26, 2006

"The Answer / The Obsession Movie / Banned From A College Campus"

As for my last post and the question, “Which one of us did my son say I looked like following my recent transformation from a 70’s hippie to a post-modern scalped guy?” The winners are Keith and Randy. Keith said the “finger” in the photo gave it away while Randy complemented me on my good looks which were a dead give away for – drum roll please- Mr. Randy Wray! Yes, I am (according to my 16 year old son) a southern version of Randy.

Some of the other guesses which were “close” were:
Larry Bird, Demi Moore, a pelican, something extremely (according to Greg) sickening, Jimmy Buffet, Crocodile Dundee, and David Lee Roth. All of that from one haircut. Amazing! I’m going to make a shift to something serious and then I’ll go back to my usual nature.

This past Saturday evening, my wife and I were invited along with some other couples to watch a movie entitled “Obsession – Radical Islam War Against the West.” I’m pasting a link (http://www.obsessionthemovie.com/) to the movie’s website. This movie connects some dots that go to illustrate the hatred and war-like intentions of the believers of “Radical Islam” against our Country. There is also an un-nerving parallel this movies draws between our time and the time in this country just before the outbreak of WW2. I would recommend the viewing of this movie as you consider our upcoming elections and the security of our country. Enough said, you can draw your own conclusions.

Speaking of conclusions, did you ever think I, a guy that closely resembles some of the subjects listed above, the lovable, good natured, and all (well, 2 out of 3 isn’t bad) knowing guy that I am might be banned from a college campus? It came close to happening yesterday. Shall I elaborate?

As I said in an earlier post, I’m trying to get back in shape so I’ve started jogging again. Ever since my son was in 5th grade playing Pop-Warner Football, I’ve jogged the same route that partially takes me through the campus of Brevard Community College. In the six years I’ve done this I’ve passed numerous College Security Guards on golf carts. Most of them have waved and been quite pleasant.

One day one of them was using a radar gun to clock speeders in the parking lot. As I approached him I saw him aim his gun and “clock me.” As I got closer to him I yelled out, “Don’t even say it.” He smiled and said, “6 miles an hour slow poke.” But other than that humiliating incident I’ve gone unmolested through the BCC Parking Lot until yesterday.

Yesterday, “Mr. 6mph” was jogging through the parking lot when I was “pulled over” by a female security guard. She said, “Sir, you need to use the sidewalks along the road and stay off our parking lot.” I asked her why? She said, “We’ve had an increase in the number of kids darting out in front of cars and it’s getting quite dangerous.”

I answered, “Mam, (remember, I’m a good southern / raised by a Sgt. in the Army-boy) I’m a 48 year old man and my days of darting in front of anything are long gone.” She reiterated that I would still need to stay off the parking lot. Now, this was occurring around 5pm and by my most astute observation the parking lot was at least three-fourths empty. I could have seen her point if I was jogging through the parking lot at 8am when people are fighting for parking spaces.

So, as politely as I could I informed her that I would be contacting someone in the Administration to find out if I was subject to a College wide ban on 6mph joggers or if this was something that she was trying to enforce on her own. I sent an email to the Cocoa Campus Provost this morning. Having the luck that I usually have I’ll probably be banned from the campus forever.

Comments:
Doesn't this sort of stuff just drive you nuts? And, I'm not talking about the picture of Jimmy Buffet that you are trying to pass off as a personal photograph. Give a person a badge and a gun and s/he thinks s/he's the ruler of the world!

So, may I assume that you would recommend pre-ordering the director's cut of this movie at $19.95?

-bill
 
Shelby - Mustache may be on hold for a while. Hopefully my hair will follow the current trend of the Stock Market and rise sharply. Looking forward to seeing you guys Thanksgiving.

Greg - I'm sure Janice was refering to my choice of shirts which btw isn't a woman's shirt.

Bill - I would recommend it and I'd recommend following the actions of some good friends of ours by inviting others to see it.
 
Ahhhh, campus cops. The last bastion of made-up rules.
 
Steve - No doubt.

Randy - Funny you should say that - As I ran through the parking lot sporting this new haircut the Security Guard said, "O.K. Mr. Wray, take it to the sidewalk!"
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?