Wednesday, October 18, 2006

2nd Try / "Who Are You, Du-Du, Du-Du"

This past Saturday was a great day both weather wise and father son bonding wise. Steven along with another boy on the baseball team, his Dad, and myself played in a scramble golf tournament. We didn’t finish in first but we didn’t finish in last either. We had one double bogey on the first hole and the rest were either pars or bogeys. Of course if you’re familiar with scramble tournaments usually you must play “birdie golf” to have a hope of placing.

I did manage a rare “athletic complement” from my 16 year old / best shape of his life / 0% body fat son. As we were eating at Sonny’s (sorry Randy) BBQ this past Tuesday evening, Steven said to me, “Dad, if it hadn’t been for you and Mr. Langston are golf score would have been terrible.” Made an “old man” feel good.

This past Sunday saw me do something I haven’t done since mid-June – get a hair cut. My wife asked me when I was going to take a visit to our “hair stylist” and I couldn’t give her a definite date. So, she did something to me for only the second time in our 25+ years of marriage – she cut my hair.

My hair cut resulted in several comments such as:
1. “Mom, why did you do that to Dad?”
2. “Nice hair cut (May I have 10 bonus points) Mr. Walker.”
3. “I’ve never seen a haircut change the looks of someone as dramatically as yours.”

But the best comment came from my son at Sonny’s. He said, “Dad, you look like one of those guys you blog with, one of Uncle Greg’s friends.”

So here is the question:
Which one of our blog family do you think my son said I look like?

Pictures will follow.

Comments:
I've never been a big golfer, but golfing with my sons sounds fun. I may have to get into it more.

I'm still reeling from the idea of going multiple months between haircuts. I tried to let me hair grow out a couple years ago and it led to some of my students in the business law class I teach occasionally to openly beg me to cut my hair in their course evaluations. My favorite comment was:

"Professor Stump would almost be a decent looking guy if he would just update his haircut."

Easily, the nicest thing anyone has said about my appearance, so I cut my hair immediately.
 
It must not be Greg he was referring to because it was one of uncle Greg's friends. That eliminates that possibility. Thank God for small blessings. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?