Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tag

(A little "rut-row" to Brady, Greg, and the Puckster for a couple of mistakes in first posting including "One Book you wish you had never written." Sorry fellows.)

Several weeks ago, Bill Williams at “Spiritual Oasis” tagged me. Please accept my apologies Bill that I’m just now getting around to it. I was always the slow kid when we played tag so why should the blogging version be any different.

Here goes:

1. One book that changed your life: “The Applause of Heaven” by Max Lucado. I still remember reading this book (recommended to me by Greg/Stoogelover) at 2am at Jetty Park on Cape Canaveral. I had taken a group of kids camping on the beachside campground from a summer program I was working at in the summers of the mid and late 80’s. I was struck by the grace filled pages written by one of “our” guys.

2. One book that you’ve read more than once: "It Doesn't Take A Hero" - General Norman H. Schwarzkopf.

3. One book you’d want on a desert island: “The Complete Guide to Building Shelters, Finding Water, Finding Food, and Not Making a Volleyball Your Best Friend.”

4. One book that made you laugh: “Elvis Is Dead And I Don’t Feel So Good Myself” by Lewis Grizzard.

5. One book that made you cry: “Schindler’s List” by Thomas Keneally

6. One book you wish had been written: “How To Disagree In The Church Without Breaking Relationships.”

7. One book you wish had never been written: All those stinking grammar books.

8. One book you are currently reading: “Men And Women In The Church” by Sarah Sumner

9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: “Purpose Driven Church” by Rick Warren.

Comments:
On Sarah Summers' book, do you mean one book you wish you had written?

I met her at National Pastors Convention in February. She is a gentle and humble spirit and knows her stuff.

Peace.
 
Hey, be careful what you say. My best friend is a baseball. Not much in his head, but…

Were those really two books you didn't like?
 
Brady - Made a mistake in first posting. Hopefully I've corrected it. Say hello to your "baseball" for me.
 
Thanks for being such a good sport and playing along on this one, Cecil.
I really like your choice of books for your desert island experience. Very practical. Of course, once you build your raft and make your way home, you will want to write about your experiences...might need a good grammar book then. But, I guess that's what editors are all about, right?
Blessngs,
-bill
 
Good choices...even the ones that don't exist. I really should do this sometime.
 
I have never read Schindler's List though I saw the movie. I like your selection.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?