Friday, September 01, 2006

SonQuest Weekend

I had one of those fleeting "Dad / son" experiences yesterday. I say "fleeting" because Steven is a Junior in high school and I'm getting old and out of shape. We took a little time to play some one on one yesterday. As for the outcome let's just say that Steven's theme song today should be "Grease is the (in light of Team USA losing to Greece this morning in the World Championships Semifinals) Word." I had a few moments (between wheezes) of glory but not many. The boy is too fast and strong (and I’m way too slow) to go around anymore but I was still able to back him down and shoot some turnarounds and a “West Cocoa style sky-hook.” Nevertheless, when all was said and done, son won – Dad lost, son’s shirt was dry – Dad’s was soaking wet, and son ran into the house to brag to Mom while dad limped his way back inside. Ah, the joys of those quality father/son times.

Speaking of father/son times, I’m driving our church bus after school today with about 35 of our teens to a huge youth event in Orlando (http://www.sonquest.com/) called “SonQuest.” Yes, it will be quality time (and lack of sleep) with my son and about two or three thousand of his teen compadres.

Have a good and “restful” weekend my blogging family.

Comments:
May God bless you with safety as you travel. I pray, also, that many lives will be touched at SonQuest!

Meowmix: I hope you have a better weekend this week.

Blessings to all,
-bill
 
Judy - Please have a better weekend than the last on you had. Glad you're alright.

Bill - Thanks Brother.
 
I went to SonQuest a few years ago, and it was a lot of fun - I got to see Glorify Him. Are you familiar with that group? They're not together anymore, but they were pretty good.

i'm glad you get to go; it was a blessed experience.
 
I hope the weekend goes well. There's nothing like spending time with our kids in a "having fun" sort of way. I'm glad you and your son have a close relationship.
 
Hope the weekend went well. Sorry about your loss…
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?