Tuesday, September 05, 2006

F-L-O-R-I-D-A S-T-A-T-E



SonQuest was a great experience. Not one time did I have to hunt down a “stray” in the massive “Omni Rosen Hotel” during SonQuest. They were always were they needed to be according to our schedule. A couple of our kids are dealing with issues at home and several times, our kids put their arms around them, hugged them, and prayed with them.

Now, how about them “Noles?” For the second year in a row, FSU pulled out another 3 point win, 13 – 10, over the dreaded Miami Hurricanes! Gary Cismesia exercised the ghosts of all of the FSU kickers that added their names to the infamous roll of “Wide Right” or “Wide Left” by kicking the game winning field gold for FSU.

Makes me want to kick into a chorus of:
You got to fight, fight, fight for FSU!

You got to scalp 'em Seminoles!

You got to win, win, win, win this game andRoll on down to make those goals!

For FSU is on the warpath now,and at the battle's end she's great.

So fight, fight, fight for victory,the Seminoles of Florida State!

F-L-O-R-I-D-A......S-T-A-T-EFLORIDA STATE!! FLORIDA STATE!! FLORIDA STATE!!Woooooooooooooooo!!!!(Repeat)

Have a good day my fellow bloggers.


Comments:
You sports nuts drive me crazy...

I'm glad you guys had a good time at SonQuest! Those were always some of my favorite youth group memories, although I remember it could be a nightmare for the chaperones. I probably would have been more mischeivious if I had known how stressful it is to take responsibility for a couple dozen teenagers in a big metro hotel surrounded by restaurants and convention centers. ("Who wants to give the adults some gray hairs?") I guess it helps that the classes were enjoyable and so we had less temptation to wander off.
 
Greg - "Yea Alabama."

"the gourd" - Welcome to the family and thanks for the comments. How long ago were you a "SonQuest attendee?"
 
Glad to be here. I've been lurking for a few weeks now, and I must say that I've really enjoyed this blog.

Let's see... it's been 5 years now! (I stopped going after I went to college.) It certainly doesn't feel like that long! I guess now I'm old enough that I'd be tapped for the "harried chaperone" position if I still lived in Florida.
 
I followed a link over here and found this entry. I'm an FSU grad also, I suffered for five years in a row watching the Gators beat the Noles!!

You live not too far from where my husband grew up; he has family in Merritt Island and in Cocoa.

Feel free to drop by my blog if you wish!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?