Friday, August 11, 2006

Stress Free Environment

Having a 16 year old in the home at various times can lead to stressful situations. Yesterday wasn’t one of those times. We have a “chalkboard” which we refer to as our “Prayer Board” that hangs in our kitchen. We write the names of people or situations that we’re praying for as a family.

When Barb and I came home yesterday, Steven had written on our “Prayer Board,” “Stress Free Environment.” However, he had done more than pray about it. Our 16 year old boy had taken the time to clean our kitchen, living room, and his bedroom. You talk about de-stressing the family. His reaction afterwards was priceless. He said, “I really feel good about myself.” A lesson for us adults to get out there and serve others.

We celebrated with 7 pieces of “Purdue (no additives) Chicken” on the grill and all for a grand total of $4.79! How about that for economy?

Nevertheless, we were thankful for our son’s contribution to a stress free environment in our home yesterday. He still hasn’t asked us for something or to go somewhere yet.

Have a good weekend my blogging family.

Comments:
Say what? What planet did your son come from? I'm going to order my next teenager from there. I feel like I just pulled up behind the car with the bumper sticker that says, "My kids an honor student at..."
Seriously, what a great young man you are raising - I'm guessing it's not all luck - the apple usually doesn't fall far from the tree.
 
All that from a young man with a casual spelling! God be praised.

Peace.
 
As long as you don't start rooting for Purdue fotball or basketball. Consume all of their chicken you want!

IU alum
 
I'd love to have Steve come to our place for a visit. Though he'd have to compete with our kids with the clean-up stuff. They LOVE doing it.
 
It is always a victory when we see our teens behave with maturity. I guess your doing something right brother!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?