Thursday, August 24, 2006

Homework Excuse

My son who is now a junior in high school, had homework the other night. Normally Steven is very conscientious about his studies but for some reason (no jeers from the guitar gallery please) he was playing his guitar instead of working on his homework. As Steven was playing and singing one of his favorite Contempoary Christians songs, I yelled from the living room, “Son, you need to start your homework.”

His response was, “In a minute, I’m learning about Jesus in here.” Hard to throw a book at a kid who is singing (and learning?) about Jesus.

Comments:
I would say that someone has your number!

Peace.
 
Won't let my three students read that post…
 
For some reason that reminded me of my favorite Jeff Walling story.

Jeff grabbed a few cookies one night and found that the milk was all gone. He looked around and saw one of his boys with the last glassful. They had just been talking about sharing and he decided to see if his son had been paying attention.

He said, "I have no milk and you have a glassful. Now, what would Jesus do?"

To which his son replied, "He'd make more."
 
Tom - You're in my prayers my Brother.

Steve - I busted a gut on that Walling story.

Brady - 3 to 1 in my kind of ratio.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?