Monday, July 10, 2006

Wedding Day


We're now one day removed from Josh and Heather's wedding.

My love for Josh as one of my own not with standing, Josh and Heather’s wedding was one of the best I’ve attended. Memo to all planning a wedding – A good way to make a good impression is to provide a round of golf on the day of the wedding. Josh had 12 of us playing golf at the Pala Mesa Golf Resort. My neighbor Monty, his son Tyler, and my son Steven made up our foursome. Our tee time was 7:30 but it wasn’t a problem since our bodies were still on Eastern Standard Time. Monty and I had a great time with our sons. The hotel that Greg had us staying in was a Holiday Inn Express so you can probably guess how many times we were quoting the line from the “Express Commercial” any time someone hit a good shot.

We spent the afternoon back at the hotel with Greg and Jan who had driven the 90 miles from Long Beach to get ready for the wedding. It was fun to be together with them as well and Monty and Sally.

The wedding was at 6 and despite the afternoon temperatures approaching 100, by the time the wedding started the weather was beautiful. This was important since the wedding took place outside.

Now, feel free to pull my “man card” but I’ll have to admit something. When Greg walked down the aisle next to Josh it brought tears to my eyes. I couldn’t help but think about the many trips we’ve taken with the England’s, Josh’s baseball games, and the way our kids have grown up over the years.

Heather was a beautiful bride and Greg did a masterful job at officiating the wedding of his son. I loved his number one rule about dating Josh – Prepare plenty of chicken and pizza – Josh’s favorite foods. Rule #2 was to refer to rule #1.

The reception, the meal, and the dancing were great. Best moment of the night was seeing all of Greg’s family dancing and singing to the top of their lungs, “Sweet Home, Alabama.” You had to be there. I told somebody; if you want to get a bunch of rednecks fired up, just play “Sweet Home, Alabama.”
The wedding ended around 10pm. Josh and Heather should be on their way to the U.S. Virgin Islands. We’re in Long Beach now hanging out with Greg and Jan while our son Steven is spending the night with Jessica at Azusa Pacific. Have a good day bloggers.

Comments:
Judy = Hugs we're delivered multiple times.
 
Greg - No fair pulling the "wife card."
 
No Man Card necessary. Those of us who love the Lord had to officially give that machismo up long ago.

I rejoice with you and Greg and the rest of the family for the beginnings of a new Christian family.
 
Tears are never a a sign of a weak man, but a man with a heart. Cecil, you have a great heart. I wish I could have been there with you guys. I still want to come to the beach man. Let's work it out!!
 
You got it Keith. Just let me know when and I'll reserve your room at our place.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?