Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Unplanned / Blessings

I once heard someone pray for something to happen in the worship service that wasn’t planned. That occurred at our church this past Sunday.

Earl Williams from Texas (and by way of the Spiritual Growth Workshop) preached for us this past Sunday. His lesson was on “forgiving” and “forgiveness.” One of our members responded to the invitation. He was upset because he had recently spoken out in anger during a Sunday night class. He told the church he didn’t want to be a stumbling block to anyone and he asked for their forgiveness. It was truly a beautifully moment of Godly resolution.

In my comments to the church I stated that I believed God had foreseen the events that led up to this dear man’s public outburst of anger, the need for resolution, and the fact that we would have a guest speaker who knew nothing of the events present a sermon of forgiveness. The church reaffirmed this man and it was a great day to be at Central.

At lunch one of my fellow (you know what Randy) “??” came up to me and said, “You don’t know how accurate your comments were today.” When I asked him what he meant he relayed to me that Earl had intended on preaching another sermon but couldn’t find it that morning so he preached from another sermon outline that was stuck in his Bible. I feel like I’ve found another kindred brother who stuffs his Bible with sheets of paper.

On to the “Blessings.”
This past Friday my son Steven has all 4 wisdom teeth extracted. The next morning our compressor in our home air conditioning unit decided to go home to be with the other a/c compressors that decide to quit in the middle of the summer in lovely, humid Florida. The cost estimates ranged from $400 to $1500.

My good friend and neighbor Monty worked on my A/C through the night before pronouncing my compressor “D.O.A.” He was able to use his vast “Cocoa network” to procure not only a replacement compressor but a good friend to help him install it. In the meantime we stayed with my in-laws who live 5 houses down from us. They were great.

Jason showed up last night around 6pm to install the compressor. They were done around 10pm and neither one of them would take any money despite my best efforts. There is a special place in Heaven for these 2 guys. My grand total was a little over $300 and I’m sitting in the comfort of my home. Thank you Lord and thank you Monty and Jason.

Have a “cool” day bloggers.

Comments:
What a blessing our brothers and sisters can be. I try so hard to remember these times because I know I'll be disappointed on other days. This type of thing makes it all worthwhile.
 
Glad to hear you got things taken care of. Maybe you can tutor those guys in math, or just say thanks.
 
Judy - no problem.

Steve - No doubt.

Greg - Get behind me Sa--- , I mean Greg.

Brady - They were definitely practicing “mathematical / economic / big bucks” grace towards me.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?