Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Simple Pleasures

I remember someone asking me what I was going to do on vacation in SoCal? There are plenty places to see just in SoCal alone not to mention the close proximity to Vegas and the Grand Canyon. But our June (as usual) was extremely busy with Bible Camp and the Mid-Ohio Valley Work Camp almost back to back. I told this person my goal (after Josh’s wedding) was to sit out in Greg’s back yard and enjoy temperatures that for most of the day were in the 70’s!

Simple pleasures are the best in my opinion. Today’s simple pleasures included instant messaging Greg while we both sat in his Family Room just feet apart, shooting baskets with my son who came close to breaking the “Chuckster’s record” of 8 in a row behind a certain line (actually a crack) on Greg’s driveway, a couple of trips to Wal-Mart, going to see “Pirates of the Caribbean 2” with Barb, Steven, Greg, Jan, and Jessica, eating at “In and Out Burger with Randy and Reese, and watching Greg give Steven lessons in playing guitar. Oh, I left out the obligatory trip to the Guitar Center.

I think Jesus enjoyed simple pleasures. He certainly knew how to party using such and occasion to turn water into the best wine (John 2:1 – 11) and he loved being with (Mark 9 and 10) children and using them as examples of “Kingdom living.

If you have time, what simple pleasures help to restore your energy or help to remind you of “Kingdom Living?"

Comments:
Sounds like fun, except for Pirates of the C. II. We saw it yesterday too. What a crummy movie.

Hugs to everyone!
 
Simple pleasures I enjoy:

-A hot cup of Colombian coffee early in the morning to start the day.

-A few minutes of calm at the end of the day to relax on the patio and drink deeply of the natural beauty of God's creation.

-A Bible with no notes, references or commentary and a few minutes to read without interruptions
 
Lisa always marvels at how I can fill up my minutes. I love...

...sitting and watching a ballgame.

...working a crossword.

...reading for the fun of it.

Summertimes are very easy to fill for me, and very cheap if I'm just doing what I want to do.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?