Thursday, July 13, 2006

Road Trip

Greg and I made a road (hence the image from “Animal House”) trip last night to take Randy and his son Reese to the San Diego Airport. We made the 109-mile trip in fairly good time. This was my first trip down “the 405” and “the 5” to San Diego. We passed through the Camp Pendleton Military Reservation where they train for “amphibious landings.” We were able to see a Marine Hovercraft being put through it’s paces. When we arrived in San Diego we were able to see a couple of Aircraft Carriers docked in the Harbor. This was a major rush for this Discovery Channel junkie.

We enjoyed the time spent with Randy and Reese. Reese and I played several rounds of ping-pong and then took a nice refreshing plunge into Greg’s pool. He is a neat kid and is certainly Randy’s son with his gift of humor.

Back to the Road Trip – We left Long Beach a little after 6pm and made it back by 10pm. I can’t imagine having to make that trip by myself although Greg told me that he has in the past. Road trips are one of those things best shared. In keeping with yesterday’s blog theme, can you name some things that in your opinion are best shared?

Have a great day bloggers.

Comments:
A stroll through a museum. Not the same alone. I toured the Baseball Hall of Fame alone and wished every momnent that my Dad could have been there to share it with me.
 
Interesting: You mention "the 405" and "the 5"; Camp Pendleton; and San Diego Harbor. I've spent run “up and down” on these California freeways and spent some time at the Marine and Navy installations you mention. Virtually every one of my cherished memories of these places is wrapped up in and around the people who were important in my life at the time. Thanks for the reminder! -bill
 
My friends' inheritance.

Thanks for going down to San Diego. Heard Randy hooked up with my kids! Fantastic!
 
Greg - I could say that goes without saying but you do live in California.

Judy - Good answer.

Tom - I don't know why but your "Museum with Dad" answer reminded me to add "movies" as well.

Bill - No problem.

Brady - Glad we were able to help Randy hook up with (as you might say) "kids."
 
One should never try to eat an extra large supreme pizza by oneself. (Unless you're 16 and really, really hungry.)
My other answer would be raising kids. I don't know how single parents survive. It's not a do-it-yourself project.
Just a question about the swim at Greg's (I wondered while we were there)-- does Cujo come swimming with you?
 
John - Strangely enough, Chipper (aka Cujo) will hardly come near the pool when one is frolicking in it. Good to see you back.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?