Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Milestone

The album cover containing the Beatles song, “Drive My Car” I think is appropriate for what I’m about to go through tomorrow.

But first, in my son Steven’s first summer baseball game for Cocoa High since returning from our SoCal trip and wisdom teeth extraction this past Friday, he went one for one. He didn’t enter the game until the 4th inning. He played second base and got a nice backside hit keeping a rally alive. We ended up wining 3 to 1. Steven said when the coach was going over the highlights of the game he said, “And “S-Walk” who has been on hiatus for 2 weeks comes back and gets a key hit.” Always good for the Coach to give you a little post-game props.

Back to the Beatles hit, “Drive My Car.” Our son who we sometimes affectionately refer to as “Steve-o,” will be getting his driver’s license tomorrow at 10:15am. We will then drive to our insurance agent and do major damage to our monthly budget.

There is a big part of me that looks forward to his ability to drive himself to school, to practice, and to home. I also realize that this will probably drive me crazy as well. Keep the boy and his parents in your prayers. The following scripture comes to mind from Luke 12:

12:25 "And which of you by being anxious can add a single cubit to his life's span?
12:26 "If then you cannot do even a very little thing, why are you anxious about other matters?12:27 "Consider the lilies, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory did not clothe himself like one of these.
12:28 "But if God so arrays the grass in the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you, O men of little faith!
12:29 "And do not seek what you shall eat, and what you shall drink, and do not keep worrying.
12:30 "For all these things the nations of the world eagerly seek; but your Father knows that you need these things.
12:31 "But seek for His kingdom, and these things shall be added to you.

Comments:
Just work on your patience for the first fender bender/ticket!

It is a milestone. We will soon have two teenage drivers and the budget does suffer greatly. I actually took Kelsey out looking at cars today.

Hope Steven aces the test.

Peace.
 
Ah yes, the rite of passage. Echoing Steve and Greg, it's not if but when they have the first accident. Hopefully it will be minor (the car will probably be totalled - even if it's just a fender bender), hopefully it won't be their fault (although it probably will be) - respond with grace and mercy anyway. They will always remember that.
 
Beep beep, beep beep, yeah.

I'm glad I have a ways to go on this one. In fact, if all goes according to plan (and when doesn't it?), then James will get my brand new Mustang when it's 10 years old.

Vintage. He'll love it.
 
Puck, Greg,John, and Randy (who used the dreaded "e - word.") -
I hope you're wrong (in my case) but I have a feeling I'll be joining the "you told me so club."

Judy - My wife read your comment and said, "She is so sweet." I agree and hope you're right.

Steve - Enjoy the time and the "Stang."
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?