Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Rain / Choices

It seems like weeks have passed by since I was on the Pepperdine Campus in Malibu, California. To have a week to hang out with a bunch of guys, being a guy, almost seems as good, no, better than winning the lottery.

I hit the ground running yesterday with papers to grade, Exam Study Guide to update and prepare, and finalizing my semester exams. Our last day of school is 2 (sorry Steve) weeks from today.


If you’ve seen the national news then you’ve heard about how dry our (Florida) state is at this time. My wife called me last Friday, frantic about an approaching fire. One of our deacons, who lives about a half mile away from me, was told to prepare to evacuate in 30 minutes. His son (Steven’s friend Zack) made the front page of our Florida Today Newspaper. He was photographed as he stood on the roof of his home watering down the shingles. Thankfully at the last minute, the wind direction changed, taking the fire back towards I-95.


So, we are in desperate need of some rain and look what is on the radar this morning! Praise God! Hopefully the rain will make it all the way to our (Brevard) county on the east coast. I-95 has been shut down for days during the morning ours due to the smoke mixing with the morning fog. Traffic has been terrible on the alternate routes that I can take to work.

As I was talking with my son this morning about what was going on after work (Final Camp Meeting / his guitar lessons / Youth group Devo.) today, it became apparent that my soon to be 16 year old son had a choice to make. He had to choose between the Teen Devo. at 6 or his guitar lessons at 7. Our Camp Meeting starts at 7 which meant we could probably finagle a ride to one or the other for Steven. I gave him the choice this morning and he selected the Teen Devo. over (please, no hissing from Greg or Randy J) his guitar lessons. It was a nice way to start my day.

Have a smoke free / rain filled Tuesday bloggers.

Comments:
Greg - I just took care of it. I didn't know the Puckster was posting. Good to have him on board.
 
You guys get some weird things out there. In Fresno the only weather we have to worry about is endless, dry heat.
 
Please don't call my thought provoking writings "postings." Ha!

I'm glad to have this kind of connection with all you brohammers and broesses!

Are you saying that if I don't post but twice a year that's not posting???

Thanks for the links. Can I give a shout out to my wife and kids?

See you at the camp meeting, bro. I've been knee deep in plumbing problems all day today and will need some West Cocoa and Central Church refreshment. You guys don't still have those Adkins' dudes there, do you?

Peace.
 
I'm sitting here watching rain pour down outside and it's heading southeast - hopefully it will hold up through another couple of states and dump on you too.
 
Steve - Until a few years ago we use to have fairly boring weather.

Puckster - We'll be one for one in the "Adkins Department" tonight. Don and Brenda are still in SoCal.

John - Bring it on, we need it.
 
I have an online army wife friend and I think she is in cocoa beach too!! what a small world. but she posted that they got rain today! Praise God for that!!

and good for your son making the right choice!!

Glenda
 
Thanks Glenda.
 
Praying Showers of Blessing indeed for Cocoa Beach and surrounding residents.
 
Well if this was a few weeks earlier I would offer some good Milwaukee snow ... works just as good as rain I hear :-)

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?