Thursday, May 18, 2006

"Les Paul Bams"


We had a busy day at church yesterday. That’s right, busy day on a “Wednesday.” My wife is one of those wonderful (as Mike Cope would say – see May 16th – “Food Women” @ http://www.preachermike.com/) “Food Women” that every church has. Since last summer, she has been organizing and cooking a 6pm Wednesday night meal for our church. Yesterday I joined her as the designated “Burger (not “girlie” as Arnold would say) Man.” I grilled 96 hamburgers from my lovely Food Woman. I’m glad no one saw me as I was letting out a few “bams” as I seasoned the meat with “Emeralds’ Essence Seasoning.”


I finally got home around 10pm following Bible Class and a “Shepherd’s/Minister’s Meeting.” I was greeted warmly by my soon to be 16 year old son. He told me several things in the following order:

1. Welcome home Dad.
2. The burgers were great.
3. Pray for me on my exams which start tomorrow.
4. And by the way, I would really like a Gibson Les Paul guitar some day!
5. Love you Dad.

The “sickness” continues at my home thanks to Steven’s Uncle (aka Stoogelover) Greg.

Have a good day bloggers.

Comments:
C'mon dad give the kid what he wants. you only live once inthis life. Throw in a set of DW Pacific drums for me while your at it. Well it never hurts to ask does it?
 
Open up a burger joint and pay for the Les Paul. See, that wasn't difficult to figure out, was it?
 
Randy - I’m not prone to using profanity but I thought you wanted me to use the “s word.” “Shepherd” that is.
 
Elder, smelder, Les Paul, Wes Paul or was that Paul West? No Jerry West, did he play a Les Paul or was that basketball?

Just a few rambling thoughts to get the day started!

S. W. cannot have any gittar of any kind until he files for a proper change in spelling of his first name!

Peace.
 
It's like a disease, this "sickness" of yours.

Ohhhhhhhh...disease...sickness. I just got that.

I'm so glad not to be affected. A few weeks of piano lessons took that right out of me. And out of everyone in earshot as well.

I would much rather listen to Clapton or Knopfler or King or Shepherd or Page or Gilmour play a guitar anyway.
 
What a great blogging community!

Last night's leadership meetings ran late. Yes, we had two meetings. First, there was the monthly deacons/shepherds/ministers meeting. Second, we had a short, five-minute shepherds/minister meeting which lasted over an hour. When I arrived home only Sassy our Yorkshire terrier greeted me at the door. I think she was glad to see me, though all she seemed to want was a pat on the head. She quickly returned to her bed. Dogs need their sleep, you know!

Although there are things about our musically inclined children that give us trepidation, there are few things that compare to just how very cool it is to listen to them sing and play. It moves me to a completely different dimension of thought and feeling. Praise God for the blessing they are to our lives!
 
Get him a harmonica and tell him you love him.
 
Send Bams grocery store catering allows customers to order a specific quantity of food and pick it up later, although delivery options are sometimes
available. Many of these stores have full kitchens and staff to prepare food for their deli sections, and they sell catering items to bring in added sales.

send bams
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?