Friday, May 05, 2006

2nd Batch

Our day started with taking Keith to LAX at 7am. I rode with Greg and L.A. traffic wasn't too bad. The ride back was a bit slower due to a more congested 405. Now I'm going to crazy as John and Greg are giving me some back seat blogger tips. I love you guys but please leave my room.

Randy the Pastor also went back today. The old Pepperdine apartment is a bit more quiet. Chuck and I are going to try and walk/climb/wheeze from our apartment to the rock.

Now for the second attempt at P-dine pictures:

Keith and Chuck in what used to be Josh's room. Their reaction was due to my asking for a loan.


Proof, yes, proof that we (including Greg) attended a lecture!


Our favorite lecture – Lunch. Around the infield starting at first base are Greg, Chuck, John, and Keith. It is always nice to “dine” at Pepperdine with the Pacific Ocean behind you.


Randy's 3 favorite words in Malibu are, no, not "Cecil the Elder." His 3 favorite west coast / Malibu words are "Malibu Fish Company." MFC is on the PCH (Pacific Coast Highway) just a mile north of Pepperdine. The only time you're inside is to order your food. Otherwise you pick up your food and eat outside. Standing here are Don (our minister and church secretary) and Brenda, Mike and Carol, and Keith.


Greg, myself, Keith, and Chuck made the annual trek to "the Rock" last night overlooking the Pepperdine Campus. I'm on the left and I look either tired, sick, or both. Or you might say I look like I just came out of a meeting with a bunch of ministers.


Greg and Chuck on the Rock. Malibu and the Pacific Ocean below.


As the sun sets on our day at the Rock so it sets on our week at Greg's and Pepperdine. For 15 years these Lectures have bolstered me as I walk, a flawed walk at times, in the Lord. But more importantly I’ve been blessed over the last 15 years by the fellowship I’ve shared with Greg and the various brothers in Christ that the Lord has sent our way. I look forward to next year.

P.S.
Steve- Time for you to join our gang.

Comments:
Past time, I'd say. Will the rock still be there next year?

I loved looking at those pictures. I've only been to Pepperdine once, but everything felt so familiar. I can't wait to go and talk about the Word rather than about Calculus.
 
Thanks for getting me in a picture so that I can verify to my elders that I've been to Pepperdine and attended a class (though I guess you could have taken the picture at a movie theater and no one would be the wiser.) It's been a joy this week to be with you guys.
 
Steve - The Rock (baring a rock slide, flood, earthquake, or mega tsunami) should be there for your “rookie year” at the Lectures next year.

Greg - I love driving by those signs.

John - It's been go to have you with us this week.
 
Great pics bro! See you Tuesday night at Central for the PPCM (Post Pepperdine Camp Meeting).

Check your email for the latest.

Peace.
 
Pepperdine was GREAT. I accidentally ran into keith davis in the lunch line . . . but I must confess that I am not sure who all else I met.

Great fellowship. Great sessions. Great memories.

John Mark Hicks and I were pleasantly pleased with the large turn out for our sessions and the fact that our book sold . . . out!

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine
http://stoned-campbelldisciple.blogspot.com
 
Looks like great fun. Did you really enjoy each other ALL the time?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?