Monday, April 24, 2006

Prayers for Pepperdine Bound Sister, Brother, and a Church

Good morning family.
I stated in my last blog that I’m looking forward to my annual “pilgrimage” to Greg’s and the Pepperdine Bible Lectures. Another reason I’m looking forward to the Lectures is the fact that a sister church just north of us in Titusville, is sending 6 of their members, an elder and his wife, the minister and youth minister and their wives for the very first time to the Pepperdine Bible Lectures. This is a huge step for this church and we’re greatly encouraged by this but there is a problem.

One of the ladies, Sue, the wife of Mike, the pulpit minister, is battling lupus. In the last few days her health has begun to fail. Sue and her husband Mike are becoming increasingly distressed as they were both looking forward to feasting on the fellowship and the teaching of the Word at the Lectures.

Please life up Sue and her husband Mike in prayer. They really want to make the journey to Pepperdine as they endeavor to take their church on the journey towards growing in Knowledge and Grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Thanks again.

Comments:
hWe'll keep them in prayers, bro. Not sure why, but your post appeared four times on the web site.

Keep me posted on Cocoa baseball playoff picture.

Peace.
 
Thanks Steve.
I'm not sure why that happen as well.

We're playing Cocoa Beach at 4pm, game one of the Class 4A Distict 13 Tournament.
 
I will most certainly add Mike and Sue to my prayer list. Please keep us updated to guide our prayers.

I will also pray for safe travel for all who are making the journey.

I will be flying out on Friday, April 28 and spend a few days with my brother in San Diego then make it to Pepperdine.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine
http://stoned-campbelldisciple.blogspot.com
 
Bobby - I certainly will. A friend of mine from church, Chuck, and myself will be flying out to Greg's on Saturday. We'll spend a few days with them before we head up to Malibu on Tuesday. Look forward to seeing you there.
 
I know you've got a couple of days before the trip. Hope it lives up to your expectations.

I enjoyed the other posts from the last few days.
 
Thanks Brady.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?