Monday, April 17, 2006

Anybody Nervous / Everybody Loves Raymond

We attended the wedding of close friend’s (J) daughter this past Saturday. I ended up being tagged to be the “M.C.” for the Reception. One of my duties was to announce the first dance for the Bride and Groom. When I said, “Ladies and gentleman, I now present to you the first dance of Mr. and Mrs. S,” to say that I was a bit nervous would be an understatement. For some reason I was flashing back to my day’s in elementary school when I tried to pull the old “dancing is against my (Baptist) religion” argument to try and get out of square dancing in P.E. In addition, the newlyweds enjoyed their first dance in our church’s fellowship room. Don (our preacher) told me later this was going to be a change, the members coming to him to complain about the elders!

To sum it all up very few people danced. Nobody complained and the young couple really enjoyed their moment together and yet, my “baggage” still made me nervous. Maybe it’s a southern thing?
Next, do you love Raymond? I hope everyone loves "our" Raymond. We finally installed a third shepherd (I didn't use the "E - word" Randy) this past Sunday. Ray brings some great qualities to us. His "Sgt. Major / Military" attributes make him very missional in his approach. Ray mixes well with our members from kids to senior saints. He is currenlty teaching our new College Age Class that has really filled a hole in our educational program. He has had the experience of fighting for our country in Afghanistan and to top it all off, Ray is a close and dear friend of mine. So I ask that you pray for Ray as he begins this new phase of his spiritual walk with the Lord.

BTW, less I forget, thank you God from Jeff and me for bringing on Ray to help us shepherd this church.

Have a good day bloggers.



Comments:
Congratulations to the SGT Major for finally moving up in the ranks. Does he know this is a "commissioned officer" job?

Bro, check your email for camp info. I sent it out yesterday and today.

Peace.
 
My wife (Pamella) and I used to watch Raymond "religiously" . . . but we never caught the final episode to see how it ended. I praise the Lord my mother in law is nothing like Ray's mom though sometimes I am just as clueless as he is.

Thought I would stop by because you dropped a note on my blog. Blessings.

Shalom,
Bobby Valentine
Milwaukee, WI
stoned-campbelldisciple.blogspot.com
 
Steve - An any "enlisted man" might say, I hope he doesn't act like an officer.

Bobby - Great to hear from you. Please feel free to come back.
 
I'll be in prayer for Ray. He'll need it.

I haven't posted a wv in quite some time. But this is a good one. I kid you not: choqblog
 
Randy - I tried. I need to come up with a different name. How about "Old Ones?" Nah. How about "Wise Ones?" I like that one.

Steve T - Sounds like a "Swiss Blog."
 
We Waltz right through our Sunday services and Swing into the closing prayer before you know it.

So I guess we've been dansing a long time at church.
 
Cecil,

Does Steven have any games remaining? Kelsey mentioned the possibility of taking in one of the games.

Peace
 
Steve P - I think we play on Monday, 4pm, at our field. I'll double check at practice today. We're hosting the District Tournament.

If you come you can sit in the Press Box with me as I'll probably be announcing the game.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?