Monday, March 20, 2006

The Week-end.

What a weekend. We had a great weekend but I told my lovely wife that due to all that we did, I felt like the weekend lasted a week.

Thursday (I know this isn’t considered part of the weekend) – Our good friends Bob, Shelby, and their son Nathen arrived. They drive down from Columbia, S.C. It was a nice treat to have them down.

Thursday Night – Steven had a varsity game. He didn’t get to play. I announced the game in which we revenged an earlier loss by beating Titusville, 16 to 6 in 10 innings.

Friday – Off to school. Bob took Nathen out to Port Canaveral to enjoy some fishing.

Friday 2:15pm – Got out of school early. Bob and I played 9 holes of golf at the Viera East Golf Course. We had a great time. First golf for both of us in months. I was satisfied with my round having played with the same ball for all nine holes.

Friday – 5pm. Bob and I met Barb, Shelby, and Nathen at our local Lowe’s to trade of vehicles and passengers. Bob and Shelby headed out to Cocoa Beach to enjoy some time together. Barb, Nathen, and I drove down to Palm Bay High for Steven’s game. He ended up going 3 for 3 with 2 singles, 1 triple (!), and a walk. He also closed out the last 2 innings as we won 8 to 7.

Friday – 8pm – Met up with Bob and Shelby at the Cracker Barrel restaurant in Palm Bay. We had a great time laughing, kidding, and eating.

Saturday – 7am – Got Steven up for Saturday’s 8am hitting practice.

Saturday – 9:30am – Bob, Nathen, and I drove down to the high school field to pick up Steven and his friend Ryan. We went over to the Little League field to throw some extra batting practice and to have some fun. This might have been the highlight of the day for me. The sky was blue, temps were in the high 60’s, and the kids were laughing and having a good time. I hated to leave.

Saturday – 12 noon – Camp Meeting in Melbourne. I always enjoy hooking up with Steve (aka “the Puckster) Puckett. I call Steve a “freak of nature” having been the minister for the Melbourne Church for over 20 years. If Steve ever moved or quit doing Camp I don’t think I would continue.

Saturday – 3pm – Returned to beautiful downtown West Cocoa. Took a nap!

Saturday – 6pm – Had dinner at Florida (Remember Randy) Seafood Restaurant with Bob’s family as well as Steven’s two friends, Ryan H. and Ryan P. The food was outstanding! Can’t beat the rock shrimp!

Sunday –
1. Bob’s family left for South Carolina around 7am.
2. Off to church.
3. Worship was good.
4. I’m working on a transition in our church leadership. Appreciate your prayers.
5. 4pm – Life Group meeting. I love small groups.
6. 6pm – Meeting at the building about #4.
7. 10pm – end of weekend and end of this blog.

Comments:
Judy - So good to have you back!
 
Cecil, There are some friends of mine at Cocoa this week playing baseball. They are from Muscle Shoals. Our high school team comes there each year for a week of baseball. I hope that my son will be coming in the years ahead. Who knows. Let me know through email if you run into any of the group from our school. My friend's nick name it "Stubby."
 
Keith - I hope Brandon makes the team so we can hook up here in beautiful east central Florida.

Speaking of that tournament, I had a cousin from Sylacauga who I hadn't seen is 20 years, call me while his son's team was playing in the Cocoa Expo Tournament. I'll keep an eye out for your friend. Some of the games are being played on our high school field.
 
Sounds like a fun weekend. Especially the meetings, and the nap.

Those two things normally coincide for me.
 
Sounds great, bro. Hope you can rest up during the week. I used to work with a teacher who would nap while the students were taking a test...you could try that.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?