Wednesday, March 15, 2006

I've Got A (some) Name(s)

For the second time (to my knowledge) in my career I’ve been immortalized by one of my students by hanging the moniker, “a _ _ h_ _ _” on my person in print. The following was written my one of my students and intercepted by a fellow teacher:

“I’m so bored. I’m kinda scared to get my report card. I think since after that fight we had we are better friends now. It’s a good thing. I don’t like arguing wit pple. I heard what you said to _______. Do think I could take her? I do. Mr. Walker is an a _ _ h _ _ _ foshow.”

There you have it grammar fans. Her analysis of me seems to be an afterthought and she goes on to talk about going camping.

Isn’t it funny how we can be known by different names or labels? I’m just now getting use to being introduced or introducing myself as an “elder.” I’ve heard some refer to me as a shepherd. Those that really know me probably think that particular title is very appropriate due to my “hairy state.”

We went out for pizza after Steven’s game last night. Sidebar – Steven went 1 for 3 with a sacrifice bunt that brought in our only run as we lost 3 to 1. Steven played 2b and had some nice put-outs.

I’ve coached several of the boys at Cocoa Little League. They still refer to me as “Coach.”

My favorite moniker is the one my wife uses when she emails me, “My Sweet Husband.”

The name I look forward to hearing the most is the one that Jesus will use when I meet him in eternity, “Faithful servant.” There are days when I think I’ll never hear him call me by that name. Thank God that despite my pitiful performance at times, the probability of my hearing that name spoken by our Lord is 1!

Comments:
In the hopes of making you feel better, I'll leak just this much information. The source of my early week misery is also a student or, rather, a student's dad who apparently believes everything his son tells him. It's no fun getting labeled (and Lord knows I've had lots of them), but it's far less fun to be slandered and threatened.

Ah, the life of a public school teacher.
 
Steve- Been there several times. Even when you know you've done nothing wrong it can still be a major disruption in your life. You're in my prayers Bro.
 
I'm still trying to fill in the blanks on those names.

Good post. My favorite name is "Hey You". Or, "Come over here, you h__k of b_____g L__e."

And I can't tell you what my WF said. It's really bad.
 
I'm one up on Brady. I'm referred to as a "h__ka h__ka b______g L__e."
 
O.K you blankidy-blanks-blanks. This post is overrunning with a plethora of blanks which is making me draw a blank.
 
I think I'd use a red pen, correct the spelling and grammar, give it a grade and mail it the kid's parents (that's assuming that they would give a ________). My wife's a school teacher, also, and even though it bothers her when a kid verbally abuses her, it really rattles her when the parent takes the kid's side and says you deserved it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?