Thursday, March 02, 2006

I Didn't Say It.

Hi Gang.
Still no word from the Radiologist concerning Barb's C.T. scan. Thank you for your continued prayers on her behalf.

Steven played in the J.V. game last night vs. (yes Steve, I'm not kidding) Satellite's J.V. team. He played 3rd and short the whole game. We won the game 6 to 5. The game did feature some fireworks and poor sportsmanship.

Satellite was threatening to tie the game in the bottom of the 6th. They had a runner on 2nd with no outs. The batter hit one to deep right field. Our RF caught the ball and threw it home. The kid on 2nd tagged up and tried to score and in this High School Baseball Announcer's opinion, he slid under the tag at home. Fortunately the incompentent homeplate umpire was incompetent in our favor as he called the Satellite runner out.

The 3rd base coach blew up. He ran up to the umpire and argued with him to no avail. As he walked back to the coaching box he yelled out the f-word. At this point our fans began yelling at the ump insisting that he eject the coach. I know you'll have a hard time believing this but I was yelling as well. I told the ump that kind of behavior had no place in high school ball. As our coach was protesting the Satellite's Coach's behavior, the coach stopped, looked at us and yelled, "I didn't say a cuss word!"

I know my hearing isn't as good as it used to be but I'm fairly sure the coach wasn't wishing the "blue" lots of "luck." The umpires furthered showed their lack of control of the game by not ejecting the coach.

In Steven's third at bat, he was hit on his left elbow by a pitch. As he was rubbing his elbow and walking towards first, the ump told him to come back because he had fouled the pitch off with his bat! It took the first base ump, our coach, and the ball mark on Steven's elbow to change the homeplate umpire's mind and they "awarded" first base to Steven.

Steven plays with the Varsity today as we travel to Eau Gallie.

How about a blog question. Have you ever been in the shoes (hopefully not the mouth) of the third base coach in which you did something that you knew was wrong but tried to deny it? Should we excuse Greg from this one? Just kidding Greg.

Have a good day bloggers.

Comments:
No Greg. If you hadn't, you wouldn't have received the full benefit from hanging with me.
 
I don't usually deny my poor behavior. I just make matters worse by getting mad at whoever points it out.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?