Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Prayers for Barbara

I’ve just spent 2 hours outside with about 700 middle school students courtesy of a bomb threat. That wasn’t the worst part of the day. After we sent the kids home I called my wife (Barbara) who has been sick for the past few days.

She went to the doctor yesterday for flu like symptoms. He took an x-ray and told her that he was sending it to a Radiologist. We assumed that it was to verify or deny the existence of pneumonia. The doctor’s office called her today to tell her they found a nodule on one of her lungs. They are scheduling a C.A.T. Scan at our local hospital.

I can weather a lot of storms. This is one that I don’t want to face. My wife is the light of our family and our church. Please pray for my wife Barbara. I love her with all of my heart.

Thanks.

Comments:
Just up off my knees. You will ALL be in my prayers until the negative results come back.
 
Thanks guys. We did some research last night as well as my sister-in-law. Karen has had numerous problems with her lungs (asthma, bronchitis, ect.) so she has an “internet degree” on the subject. In fact she got into an online chat with a Doctor from the Mayo Clinic last night. He re-confirmed our search results as to Barb’s nodule having a high probability of being non-cancerous or a glitch with a Doctor’s office’s x-ray machine. This is one reason Barb’s Doctor is sending her to a hospital for a “C.T. Scan.”

But as Steve my Math Brother might say, “I want the theoretical probability to go to an experimental probability of 1/1. (Number of negative results vs. number of Scans)

Thanks for the prayers my fellow bloggers.
 
Absolutely, will be praying for both of you. We've been through a similar scare, and it leaves you exhausted. Feel the presence of God surrounding you and the prayers of your brothers and sisters lifting you before his throne.
 
John - Thanks.

To all - Barb sent me an email asking me to relay to all of you how uplifted she feels by your prayers and comments. Ditto here as well.
 
We will keep you in our prayers.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?