Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Lipstick

My 10th grade son plays in his first varsity baseball game tonight against a school (University High) from Orlando. He’s hoping to get some playing time at third base. If he does, I pray that he gets some hits, makes some plays in the field, and makes a good impression on some coaches that our trusting a sophomore at the hot corner.

The following was emailed to me by my wife. It gives a whole new meaning to “squeaky clean.”

Subject: Lipstick at School According to a news report, a certain school in Garden City, MI was recently faced with a unique problem.A number of 12-year-old girls were beginning to use lipstick and would put it on in the washroom. That was fine, but after they put on theirlipstick they would press their lips to the mirror leaving dozens of little lip prints. Every night, the maintenance man would remove them and the next day,the girls would put them back.

Finally the principal decided that something had to be done. He called all the girls to the washroom and met them there with the maintenanceman. He explained that all these lip prints were causing a major problem for the custodian who had to clean the mirrors every night.

To demonstrate how difficult it had been to clean the mirrors, he asked the maintenance man to show the girls how much effort was required. He took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it in the toilet, and cleaned the mirror with it. Since then, there have been no lip prints on the mirror.

Have a good day bloggers.

Comments:
Greg - Not for me!
 
Heh. Urban myth...I've heard that one before...but that doesn't make it any less of a great idea.
 
I hope things went well for your son. As for the mirror story, I'm with you Cecil, it would make no difference to me flushed or not.

Hey, speaking of flushed, I saw a septic tank truck in Florence, AL once that had a slogan on the side which said, "A Flush Beats A Full House!" Sounds like a buch of feemo to me!
 
Hi Keith. Steven played all 7 innings. He went 0 for 2 with a strikeout and ground out. The pitcher for the opposing team was a strong, senior, lefty. He had one putout last night. We play again Friday.

He was down on himself this morning for not getting a hit. I told him to hang in there and reminded him that their pitcher had 8k's against us. His one was only one of the 7.
 
Fun story. I love those make-up ones…
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?