Tuesday, February 21, 2006

He is on His Throne

On the way to school this morning I heard the following lyrics from a song by “Phillips, Craig, & Dean” –

“You are God alone – in the good times and bad – You are on Your throne.” These words spoke to me this morning because in my walk with the Lord, I have to be very careful in not falling into the pattern of what I’ll call “situational Christianity.” In other words, the condition in which I allow the circumstances of my life to influence my walk, my closeness, my relationship with God. It is a comforting thought to know that when I mess things up in my own personal life, the greatness, the holiness of God isn’t diminished one (I heard Rubel Shelly use this line once) whit.

Further, His closeness, His willingness to help me hasn’t changed as well. We serve a mighty and wonderful God!

On the baseball front –

Saturday – lost 10 to 5. Our 2 basketball players started, one at shortstop. He ended up committing 4 costly errors. Steve was bumped from the starting lineup but he did come in as a pinch-runner, stole 2nd, and scored a run.

Monday – Lost 14 to 8. Our coach started a freshman pitcher who summarily gave up not one, not 2, but 3 homeruns in the top of the 1st. Score at the end of one was 7 to 0. Our boy came entered the game in the 5th inning in right-field. He singled and went one for one. Our next game is Thursday.

Have a good day my fellow bloggers.

Comments:
This is how it starts. Slowly but surely, the coaches realize where the talent lies.

Great thoughts about His throne. I need to keep them in mind as I prepare for Sunday's sermon. I'm excited about this series. I've been writing this one in my head for a week now.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?