Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Hat Faith

As my family faces the dreaded FCAT today as well as Barb’s C.T. scan, I wanted to share something positive that was inspired by John Roberts’ post from yesterday. (http://seekshim.blogspot.com/)

Our game against Melbourne Central Catholic last Wednesday was the first game that my son Steven didn’t participate in as a starter or sub. He was bummed out and quite upset on the way home. As we tend to do at times when we’re hurting, he lashed out at me and his mother telling us we didn’t understand. I made a comment to him that his mother and I was his #1 advocates and that we should be the last people that he should lash out at even though I understood what was motivating his pain.

A couple of days later I happened upon his 2 game hats and notice there was some writing underneath each bill. It was in Steven’s hand writing.

Hat #1 – “Jesus is my number one Advocate.”

Hat #2 – Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens me.

In an environment that at times is anti-Christian, Steven is allowing his light to shine. Can a parent ask for any greater blessing from God than to know that his son has started on a journey of Faith in the Lord?

Comments:
Just for you Greg:

Last night, the night before Steven takes the biggest math test (FCAT) in his life, what do we have an argument over - you guessed it - the sickness!

"Come on Dad, can't I stay up and play my new Yamaha Electric Guitar before the FCAT!"

The boy is sick.
But it warms my heart every time he plays that guitar because he always thinks about you when he plays it.
 
Nothing like seeing your children embrace their own faith - and then to see it show up where it's not necessarily for you to see. That's exciting. Thanks for sharing!

My youngest son, Justin asked me Saturday to show him how to play the guitar. All I have is my old 12 string that I played as a teenager. I taught my oldest son Tim on it when he was 14 and he has made music his life's pursuit. I didn't realize how bad the old thing sounded (especially with the bass G string missing). But I taught him G,D and C and he worked on them for the rest of the weekend and came back yesterday for some more chords. I may have to get a guitar that's playable so he doesn't give up before he hears how it's supposed to sound.
 
Good to know so many are pulling for you and your family. What a wonderful advocate we have in Jesus.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?