Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Steven's Tryouts

I wanted to give you an update on my son Steven. Today is the final day of the tryouts for Cocoa High’s baseball team. The Varsity and J.V. teams will be announced tomorrow afternoon. Yesterday’s practice focused on individual (fielding and throwing from the outfield and infield, hitting, and pitching if you were so inclined) tests. About 40 kids showed up for tryouts.

Steven seemed to perform well. What it comes to now is what positions are open and who do the coaches see as candidates to fill them. I’m nervous for the boy. I would ask that you lift Steven up in prayer. I probably won’t know until Thursday’s blog whether he made varsity or J.V..

The weekend was full of disappointment and encouragement. Until we found out about Monday’s tryouts, we were planning on visiting our good friends Bob and Shelby in South Carolina. We haven’t been there in a couple of years. Barb and I were really looking forward to the visit and the change of scenery.

We were able to hook up with our Youth Group who were on a retreat at the Central Florida Bible Camp in Mt. Dora on Saturday following Steven’s tryouts. It was a nice change to be at the camp when it was actually cold (36 on Sunday morning) and a little less crowded. Chad (our youth minister) did a nice job of building time for the teens to be alone in prayer and study. In fact, most of the teams cited those times as the highlight (besides hanging with me) of the retreat. Their honesty and zeal for the Lord was refreshing.

Have a good day my fellow blones.
Don’t forget to remember my son Steven.

Comments:
Thanks Judy.
I would like to request prayers for all of Brevard County. I was just informed that all schools will go into a lock down mode and have their filtration systems turned off should today’s launch of a probe that is destined for Pluto, explode on the pad or in the air. This is due to it’s plutonian based fuel cell.

In all of the years that I’ve lived on what we call the “Space Coast,” I’ve never been concerned for my own safety as well as others due to a launch.

Thanks again.
 
Wait a minute. It's bound for Pluto and the fuel cell is plutonium-based.

I'm sorry, but that's just COOL.
 
New launch time is now 2:50 pm EST. It will be the fastest launch vehicle ever launched from the Cape but even at it's maximum speed, it will take 9 years to reach Pluto. Now that's downright frugaqnd!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?