Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Prayers for a Broken Hearted Boy

Hi family.

I ask for prayers for my son, Steven today. In the batting cage yesterday, one of the Assistant Coaches indicated to Steven that he might be on the J.V. team this year. The “official list” still hasn’t come out but needless to say, he was devastated. It broke my heart when my “tough” 15 year old son told me in our car, his tears were tears of anger and not sadness. Trust me, they were sobs of sadness.

I pray that the Coach made a mistake or at the very least, Steven is designated a “swing player.” That would mean he would play J.V. games but he would also sit with the Varsity and have a chance of subbing in their games.

To his credit, he awoke in pretty good spirits this morning. He does have this noble habit of trying to be “brave” for us. Pray that something good happens to him today.

Thanks family. Love you guys.

Comments:
Well.......rats.

I'm sure this is a temporary setback if it's true. I'm sure Steven will play his heart out even if it's for JV since he has a dad who has taught him what's important.
 
Thanks guys.
 
I shared Josh's similar experience with Steven last night and it seemed to help.

I hope Steven only turns out half as successful as Josh is.

I lift my kggjr to you.
 
I'm with thurman8er...play your heart out whatever team you're on!

I know his heart is broken...easy to say, but it's a good time to remind him that God is in control and wouldn't do anything that wouldn't be good for him...
 
You're right Sandra. We gave Steven the old "you can make lemonade out of lemons speech" last night. We also told him that we've always felt that God has a plan for him and we just have to trust.

That "t" word is awful hard sometimes.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?