Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Never Ending ……

First – Sorry for the lapse in news. I had a meeting before school yesterday with our High School (you should have joined us Steve) counterparts. As with all meetings, it generated unforeseen extra work.

I stayed late after church last night to practice a skit. We’re kicking off an involvement program (sorry Greg) this coming Sunday and I’ve been drafted to participate in a skit that will take place just before the sermon. Yes Alice, we have drama in Central Florida.

This morning found me in a Leadership Meeting before school and again, more work generated. Are we ready to join me in a “pity party?”

All that aside, we have good news and no news concerning Steven and his endeavor to make the Varsity Baseball Team. This is what we found out yesterday:

1. Steven made “the” team. That would be the team of boys who will play varsity or J.V.
2. The coach decided to not tell them who is on the Varsity. He wants them to “practice hard” all the way up until the season.

Talk about your let downs! When I showed up for yesterday’s practice I was trying to read Steven’s expressions. He was smiling and taking most of the balls at third base. I thought this was a good sign. Silly me!

So keep the boy in your prayers as we experience the never-ending tryouts.

Comments:
I think, in this case, no news is good news. I like the approach. If any of the kids take it the wrong way and don't work as hard because of what they think they "deserve," well, that coach just learned something he needed to know, didn't he?

Leadership meetings....brrrrrrrr.
 
Or just offer restaurant gift certificates directly to the coaches, telling them everyone needs a break from time to time.
 
With the amount of fund raising we were asked to do at last night's parents meeting, I might need to take Randy and Brady up on their advice. It might be cheaper that way.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?