Thursday, January 12, 2006

Have You Prayed?

I took Steven out to dinner with 2 of his buddies. My wife’s school held Parent / Teacher Conferences tonight. Most of the conversation centered around each one’s chance (not including me of course) of making the Varsity Baseball Team at Cocoa High.

Each one’s evaluation of their own chances took on a pattern of here are the reasons why I will make it, here are the reasons why I won’t make it, and I haven’t a clue if I have a chance. Steven was the last to participate in this self-(Bill Glasser would have been proud) evaluation.

When Steven finished he looked at his 2 buddies (Devin and Ryan - twin brothers) and asked, “Have you guys been praying?” There was some silence until Steven spoke up and said, “I’ve been praying every night.”

I want my son to make the Varsity. I want him to realize his dream. All of that aside I’ve already realized one of my dreams; My teen-age son has the faith to pray to our Holy Father and admit that in front of his peers.

I would ask that you join Steven and me in praying for him. The final day of try-outs is this coming Monday. Kind of ironic since it happens to be Martin Luther King’s birthday and he is best known for his “I Have A Dream” speech. I know Steven has a dream and he is praying for it to happen.

A couple of sidebars:
1. Keep Devin and Ryan in your prayers as well. They’ve been coming to church with Steven.
2. Don’t forget Keith’s son as he tries out for his Jr. High team.
3. Keep Steven and me in your prayers over the weekend. We’re going to drive to the Bible Camp tonight to spend some time with the youth group as they enjoy a Retreat. We’ll be driving back around 10pm. The trip is about one and a half hours.
4. We’re going to drive back to the Camp Saturday afternoon to spend the night with the youth group.

Have a good weekend my fellow blones.

Comments:
Greg - I think you missed something. You need to read my blog again. It reads "I would request that you join Steven and "me" in praying for him."

Perhaps you missed it because you didn't have your usual lsnpj in the morning.

Just sent a prayer up for Josh.
 
I love the lessons we learn from our kids, even our 4-year-old kids. It assures us that they're on the right path.

Steven (and his friends) continue to be in my prayers. I wish I had a fastball with movement when I was 15.
 
You caught me! Just call me Sammy (I didn't know that was my corked batting practice bat) Sosa!

Give Josh and Heather our love. Glad to hear you're laying off the lsnpj. Makes me want to say iiklys!
 
High fives for you from Alabama Cecil. That is a great victory for you as a father I know.

I pray that he makes it. Thanks for remembering Brandon my son in his middle school baseball tryouts.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?