Tuesday, January 03, 2006

1979

It’s funny how our lives sometimes seem to be in a pattern of repeating themselves. It’s the 2nd Quarter in the Orange Bowl Game as I type this blog. FSU (#22) just returned a punt for a TD to tie the game with Penn St. (#3) 7 to 7. I couldn’t help but think back to the 1979 Orange Bowl.
The decade of the 70’s for the most part was a pathetic time for “Florida football.” U of F, FSU, and Miami were lucky to break even and forget about going to a bowl game. Then things began to change.
Bobby Bowden arrived in Tallahassee and in 1979 took FSU to the Orange Bowl game against #1 rank Oklahoma. Oklahoma was ranked #1 and heavily favored. The Seminoles kept the game close but ended up losing. But it was the beginning of the birth of “Florida Football.” Tonight’s game might end up being a blowout. I hope not. I hope that just like “Joe Pa” at Penn State, Bobby has one more “good season” before he bows out.

Our God is a God of re-birth. I hope you guys don't think I'm too weird tying in college football and scripture. I'll leave you with this:

Ezekiel 36:25 - 2736:25 "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.36:26 "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.36:27 "And I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances.

Score now 13 to 7 on a pass reception. Go Noles!

Comments:
Just checked the USA Today site. Sound like it was quite a game. SORRY.
 
Thanks Brady. Not bad for a #22 team to take the #3 team to the brink of "de-feet."

Kickers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

infblv (the opposite of outfblv)
 
This is the time of year I wish I watched football.

Oh well.
 
Can't blame Reese for the question in light of FSU's leading tackler being arrested for rape on his first night in Miami.

I liked the Ravens answer.
ucifczc (it all depends on czc)
(u c if czc)
 
I don't literally lol all that often when reading posts but "Baltimore Ravens" did it to me.

Still chuckling. Heh.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?