Friday, December 16, 2005

Share A Few Thoughts

The title comes from a favorite saying of a preacher that Greg and I had the pleasure of experiencing many moons ago. When he uttered that line at the beginning of a sermon, it was time to strap in for at least 60 (5 minutes longer than Greg’s average sermon?) minutes. Hopefully this blog will not take 60 minutes for you to read. Here goes:

1. If Greg or Randy starts a Hooters’ ministry, I know a 15 year old who has experience in this area.
2. It was a joy to drive the same 15 year old to his last day of exams today. We were rocking out (reverently of course) to the latest Zoe C.D.
3. Props to my lovely wife Barbara. She is cooking tomorrow (actually started last night) for our annual church Christmas Party. We’ve almost hit the century mark and about 65 of those want prime rib!
4. More props to wife: 2 choices on the menu – Alice Springs (as in the Outback Restaurant style) Chicken or prime rib stuffed with garlic!
5. My contribution – I stuff the prime rib, wrap bacon around the chicken, help decorate the Fellowship Hall, and M.C. our annual gift exchange.
6. My wife’s contribution – My #1 advocate. Randy had a great post concerning among other things, Colossians 3:23-24. I know what my attitude should be concerning “Who” I am serving. But there are times when you come home beat up from the brethren. The first tangible way I know Jesus still loves me is by looking into my lovely wife’s eyes. Not to mention her perspective makes me a better (sorry Randy – here comes that word again) elder.
7. O.K. guys and Sandra – Lets hear it for Barbara, Janice, Beth, Lisa, Ellen, “Wife,” (I can’t seem to remember Brady calling his “Wife” by her name other than “Wife.” Sorry Brady.) and Lex. Without their support ministry would be much more difficult.
7a. I love the fact that we have a male name in our list of spouses that support us. I find it encouraging Sandra that like Phoebe in Romans 16, you are laboring in ministry for the Lord.
8. Let’s hear it for Judy aka “Meowmix.” When I first started blogging I thought Judy was a member of Randy’s church in Arlington. What a great encouragement you are to us Judy. May God bless you and Doris.
9. And finally – Steve – hope you feel better soon enough to enjoy your last day of exams and the Christmas Holidays.

Comments:
Greg- Over the years my wife has learned to accomadate folks with a non-vampire like taste for meat. We always make sure one of the roasts are well done.

Hey - Why don't you see if you can fly Southwest to OIA tomorrow and join us for the Party. The gift exchange is worth the trip. Who knows, you might end up with a fhuhpuj this year?
 
Thanks, Cecil. I'm getting there. 6th period will be the real test. Teaching Calculus is hard. Teaching Calculus on the last day before break is really hard. Teaching Calculus the last period of the last day before break...on vicodin...will test what kind of man I am.

I'll let you know. Don't get your hopes up. The Grinch stands ready in the VCR.

tmtbvs (the sound you make when you are doubled over with a stone)
 
Double cudos for our spouses who labor in ways that no one knows. I am reminded of the song, "Wind Beneath My Wings." They are alwys in our shadows and never receive the glory for much of what they do. If it were not for my wife, I don't know where I would have ended up.

Even when they do come inot the spotlight so many times it backfires. Recently my wife took a leading role in a great Christmas ministry to children. Just night before last she was blown away by one of our member's attitude toward the whole thing. Sad misunderstanding is what it was. I can see Satan in play here--confusing the parties involved to try and kill relationships. I pray that it does not discourage her from leading again.

Thank you God for my wife!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?