Monday, December 05, 2005

Props for a Brother

As an elder, minister, or ministry leader, there are times when we wonder why I'm doing this "gig" (not to be confused with "giggy") for "free." There are times when the folks that we try to serve in the name of the Lord are less than encouraging with their criticism. Then there are the times when someone makes the effort to show some appreciation by sending a card or letter. I have many of those cards and letters stuck in my Bible. I pull them out when I need a boost. I recently received the following letter. I’d like you to read it and then “consider the source.”

“Brother and Sister,

God bless you both. So how are you both doing? I am doing good. I got stitches in my arm the other day. Bad work day. But all I really need and want is for you both just to send your love. Just think, only 5 more Christmas-es to miss. Then I hope we can go to church together again.

Keep following the Spirit and others we’ll see and want what you have and has been given to you. All things work to and for the good of those who seek Him. For you are blessed. Just look around you.

I thank you already for the gift that I get to unwrap. It is the gift of your thoughts and prayers for me.

I love you both.”

William “Joe” Kepler
Prisoner #112634 B1 – 105-2

What an encouraging letter from a person in very discouraging situation. I’ve blogged earlier about the days on the softball fields that I spent with Joe many years and pounds ago.

If you remember, lift this brother up in prayer. If you want to write and encourage him, his address is:

William Kepler 112634 B1-105-2
Union Correctional Institution
7819 N.W. 228 St.
Raiford, FL 32026-4000

Comments:
I was thinking the same thing Randy.
 
Remarks such as this mean so much to those who serve the Lord. It's like when somebody tells you they actually used something you taught them in class.

Few and far between.

By the way, this wv is completely unreadable. I'm guessing umvwx but have no real idea. Let's find out.

Yeah, I thought so. Well, at least I can heave a big sigh of wphhhp and post now.
 
I agree with Greg. I complain way too much for "stuff." Thank God for the "Barnabases" of the world!

xpylycz (a former pylycz)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?