Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Outsmarted

Ryan is a friend of my son. Ryan and Steven play baseball for our High School Team. I asked for prayers for Ryan about 3 weeks ago. On the Friday after Thanksgiving, Ryan walked into his parents’ bedroom holding a bucket containing blood! He was throwing up blood so his parents rushed him to the hospital. Ryan ended up being diagnosed with viral meningitis. He missed a week of school and lost about 10 pounds.
Praise God, Ryan has made a full recovery and is now working out with the baseball (voluntary of course) team again.

Ryan went with Steven to his private pitching lesson tonight. Afterwards I took the boys to Burger (Hooters was closed.)King for a drink. Ryan ordered a Dr. Pepper and I ordered a sweet (welcome to the south) tea. As I drove away from BK, Ryan and I discovered our drinks were reversed. I handed Ryan my drink and quipped, "I think those sores in my mouth have healed Ryan. You should be O.K. drinking after me."

For a moment I was impressed with myself until Ryan responded by saying, "That’s O.K. Mr. Walker, I think I’m over my meningitis!" I hate it when the teens outsmart the adult.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?