Friday, December 09, 2005

In Control

I spoke to Laura last night on the phone. I requested prayers for Laura and her 3 teenage boys in an earlier post.
Laura told me her and Bob had spoken to an attorney concerning their divorce. I kept telling Laura I was so sorry for the pain she and the boys were going through. She kept telling me God was in control. Our conversation began to fall into a pattern.

She would tell me another detail of the living hell that her husband is putting them through. I would tell her that I was sorry and offer help / prayers. She would tell me she knew God was in control.

I finally commented on her faith and asked her how she could be so sure God was in control of this mess. She told me she knew from the very beginning that God was in control. You see, her husband asked her to pick an attorney out of the phone book. She complied (I don’t know why) and chose an attorney at random. She didn’t call for references or ask other divorced women at our church for advice.

She said when she met with the attorney for the first time; he identified himself as a Christian. In fact, he remembered Laura from a few years ago when Laura attended a large Baptist Church in our area. He told Laura that he would look after her best interests as well as pray for her and the boys.

Was this attorney chosen at “random?”

God is in control.

Keep Laura and her 3 teenage boys, Brian, Mark, and David in your prayers.

Comments:
We'll keep them in our prayers.

Many marriages are under attack right now in the College Church. Satan is diabolical in this. But God is providential. Guess which one wins out?
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
Amen Steve.

We have several marriages also under attack. I feel so helpless through all of this.

There is one bright spot in these battles and I'll share it on my next post.

May you have a very nsywjx weekend.
 
Isn't it amazing that when we visit people in distress how so many times they bring us up. People of faith can do that. They are strong no matter the circumstance.
The scripture teaches in (James 1:2-3 NCV) "My brothers and sisters, when you have many kinds of troubles, you should be full of joy, {3} because you know that these troubles test your faith, and this will give you patience."
I pray that God will bless this family.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?