Thursday, December 29, 2005

Assassinated

After several phone calls to “friends” I’m starting to feel like Abraham Lincoln. Don’t worry my fellow blones, I’m not having a presidential crisis. I was reminded of a movie I once saw concerning Abraham Lincoln’s assassination . The movie proposed a conspiracy surrounding Abe’s assassination . According to the movie, several people turned down presidential invitations to attend the Play at Ford’s Theater with the President and his crazy wife on that fateful night.

Now I’m not equating my status with President Lincoln’s (but I am an elder) (that was for you Randy) but I’ve been turn down by no less than four of our “couple friends” from church to go out to eat tonight. Is there a conspiracy here? Should I avoid theaters and grassy knolls?

Are any of you free tonight?

Love you guys.

Comments:
Sorry. I'm real busy tonight. I'm playing scrabble with some friends and I can't wait to use the word assignation. And, of course, the ever popular jgcccgzo
 
Ohhhh...poor Cecil. I'd be there in a heart beat, if possible. I think we'd have a blast!

by the way, it's about time you posted something!
 
Yeah, I'm busy too. Going to friends house to get cheered up.

I hope they have plenty of tzekj on hand.
 
Brady - I avoided my own "assignation" tonight by finding a couple that actually wanted to spend time with us tonight. Good luck with the Scrabble game and if you get stuck, try to use the word lmqnfue.

Sandra - Thanks Sandra and I agree. Perhaps we'll see you at "Jerry's Place" (Pepperdine) in May?

Steve - Enjoy the tzekj.
 
BTW, I'm reading a novel now and about halfway through I ran across the word assignation. Now I have to look it up.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?