Thursday, November 10, 2005

"Short Week"

Why do "short weeks" seem like they're 8 days long? We're off tomorrow of Veterans Day. My students have been particularly “testy” this week. Is this an indication that Generation Y,Z,Alpha, or whatever we’re calling them now days, despises simple authority? After ejecting a student from my class because he chose to throw his row’s test papers at the student behind him rather than hand them to him to be passed back, another student said, “I’m glad I’m Mr. Walker’s friend.” It seems simple compliance to simple requests is becoming a lost art.
Speaking of art how about some pictures. Enjoy my fellow blones. Have a good weekend.
P.S.
Don't forget to remember our men and women in uniform who are serving our country as well those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.



Our boys at the Duval County Fair next to the stadium. Why do I get the feeling I've already posted this picture?
Ron and the Chuckster at Alltel Stadium with the city of Jacksonville behind them.
Ron and I in front of the Jacksonville Jaguar. This is my son Steven at "Hardy-ville." This is the backyard of Mr. Hardy's home. You can see the pitching mound and home plate behind Steven. He has a padded backstop and the entire complex is lighted. The gate opens up to allow for long toss as well. Walking forward from where Steven is standing takes you to the lighted batting cage.

This is Mr. Hardy standing in front of his lighted batting cage. He is truly a community minded individual allowing folks involved with Cocoa Little League and Cocoa High to use his facility for free.


Comments:
Hi Cecil.
Nice post.
cbnzhmd (state of comments loneliness)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?