Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Rewards of Teaching

I'm posting an email that was sent to us by our school's "Reading Coach." She facilitates research and training in the area of reading for both students and teachers at our school. Enjoy.

Where Teachers Go When They Die

A teacher dies and goes to Heaven. When she gets there, she meets Peter
at the Pearly White Gates.

Peter says to her, "Welcome to Heaven. Let me give you an orientation
first."

Peter first takes her to some beautiful mansions. The teacher asks, "Who
lives here in these beautiful houses?"

"These are for doctors. They did a lot of good on Earth, so they get a
nice mansion," replied Peter.

Peter then takes the teacher to some more mansions. These were more
magnificent than the first.

"Wow, who lives here?"

"These mansions are for social workers. They did a lot of good on Earth
but didn't make a lot of money, so they get a better house."

Peter took the teacher to some more mansions. These were the most
gorgeous homes of all. They had huge columns, well-manicured lawns,
beautiful stained glass windows--the works!

"These are the most beautiful homes I have ever seen!" exclaimed the
teacher. "Who lives here?"

"Teachers live here," said Peter. "They did much good on Earth and
received very little money, so they get the best houses in all of
Heaven."

"But where are all of the teachers?" inquired the teacher.

Peter answered, "Oh, they'll be back soon. They're all in Hell at an
in-service."

Comments:
Perhaps the preachers are at a Lecture Series in Hell? If that is the case, Ed Fudge could be the (see previous class at Pepperdine on Hell)Facilitator.
I have to get a drink of water because of ficvx.
 
I'm supposed to be at an in-service right now. I kid you not. I never called for a sub because I was going to have jury duty this week. I postponed that because of...the incident...and so I'm teaching my class instead of going to the in-service. And there's your silver lining, right there.

fvnxoy (the topic of the in-service, at least as far as I understood)
 
You're good at this Meowmix.
opjfodt (I bow down to Meowmix on this one)
 
Now there’s the serendipity to your week, not having to go to an inservice. Our county is in to the “Quality School Training / Bill Glasser’s Reality Therapy/Choice Theory” so there is always an inserice to attend.
vvgvxs (a party of v's broken up by gxs)
 
It says a lot that I would rather be dealing with contractors, attorneys, rental car companies, and mechanics than going to an in-service. Sheesh.

onjuuly (a time of year without in-services)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?