Monday, November 28, 2005

Re-cap

Back to work. The 5-day break was nice. Here’s a re-cap of my time away from work and blogging:

Wed –
A.M. – Wife had me cleaning our pool patio. Lots of mildew removed. Wife happier.

Later A.M. – Dropped off Steven at “voluntary” practice. Returned home for more honey-do’s including trimming hedge and cleaning guest bedroom.

Noon – Picked up Steven along with his 2 buddies, Devin and Ryan. Stay tuned for news about Ryan.

Afternoon – More honey-do’s. Getting tired.

Evening – Really tired. Waiting for friend from (Bob – Shelby – Nathen) South Carolina to arrive along with his family.

10pm – Bob arrives quite proud of the time he made staying off I-95 and taking alternate roads.

Midnight – “Nighty.”

Thanksgiving:

7am – Walked about 5 miles with Bob.

Noon – Turkey / peanut oil / turkey fryer prep.

1pm – frying first turkey. Must remember – keep temp at 350, 3.5 minutes per pound.

1:36pm – frying second turkey. Gotta have leftovers.

2:15 – Let the eating begin.

Rest of Day – a cycle of resting, eating, walking, and more eating.

Friday:

6:15am – (I hate the baseball coach) Wake Steve up. He has to be at the ballfield by 7am! Fortunately he catches a ride with our neighbor Tyler.

8am – At the ballfield to see Steven play. Doesn’t start. Comes in at the 4th inning. Plays 3b. Several putouts. Doesn’t bat due to being substituted for the out-going pitcher who is being “DH” for. Big mistake. Dad’s opinion. We lose.

12:04pm – Tee time. Golf course backed up. Carts unavailable.

12:34pm – Finally tee off after being “tee-ed off.” Boys are in tow.

3:30pm – We stop after 9 holes. Round taking too long. Yours truly shoots a 45 for 9 holes after being off a course for well over 6 months.

5pm – Mexican food. Yummy.

7pm – Harry Potter movie. Not bad.

Saturday:

10am – At the ball field. I like the coach again. Game one – Steven starts at 3b and goes 2 for 3 with a single and a double. The kid is stroking the ball. He’s small so they give him a diet of fastballs. Big mistake.

Noon – We leave for an outdoor wedding. One of my friends long-time friends (Buzz) getting married, 2nd time, they seem very happy.

Reception – Cell phone call to ballfield to check on son. Now pitching in 2nd game. Goes 3 innings. Gives up 2 runs in the 3rd. Next kid gives up 12 more runs. Reminders to friend to tell Steven to ice his arm.

Return Home. Bob and family leave to try and get an early start on traffic.

5pm – Invite neighbors Monty and Sally over for last shot of leftovers.

9pm – early bedtime.

Sunday:

9am – Watched 5th episode of the Andy Griffith Show. What a church!

10am – Ate half of a doughnut at fellowship time.

10:30am – Don unveils our intentions to start a small group ministry in March.

1pm – Lunch on the Banana River. Ate excellent blackened Mahi-mahi sandwich.

2pm – Went to Cape Canaveral Hospital’s (not due to sandwich) ER. Ray’s 16 year old daughter admitted showing signs of meningitis. This is when I find out that Steven’s friend from the baseball team, Ryan, has meningitis and is at Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando.

3:30pm – Call from Ray. Praise God! His daughter doesn’t have meningitis. Still awaiting word on Ryan’s meningitis. (bacterial or viral?)

4pm – Watch Bucs lose to the Bears. You might have noticed that I didn’t mention my Seminoles being slaughtered by the Gators. Steve – how long does it take the pain to go away?

6pm – Back at church.

7:15pm – Heading home. I’m back.

Comments:
Great stuff. Sounds like a (more or less) nice time off. I wish I had the baseball to watch. I miss it like fire right now. We watched Fever Pitch this weekend and I just drooled over the Fenway scenes. Too bad Jimmy Fallon couldn't act his way out of a paper bag.

We also saw Potter this weekend. Enjoyed it. None of them are nearly as good as the books, but they're fun. They may need to stunt those kids' growth before part 5 though.

Welcome back to blogland. Back to work.
 
Meowmix - thanks.
Randy - I confess my bhkuzzib to you. What was I thinking? I did miss you guys.
 
Thanks Steve. I'm sure Fresno is like our area in being one of those blessed areas where baseball can be played even over Thanksgiving.
I was so proud of my son. He is stroking the ball right now. Makes me feel all tlfdy inside.
 
WOW! Need a break, go to work!

lftelm -- Exactly where I found them!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?