Sunday, November 20, 2005

24 Hours

There was an episode of "MASH" where Father Mulchaey and Hawkeye are having a conversation about their respective vocations. In the conversation Mulchaey confesses his envy of Hawkeye because as a surgeon Hawkeye can see the results of his efforts almost instantaneously. Father Mulchaey however seldom knows the final results of his efforts as he ministers to the wounded. As an elder I can identify with the good Father. This week however, God gave me a window to see the fruits of my labor for him.

Thursday evening while Steven is at his pitching lesson, I called Billy. He is separated from his wife. I encouraged Billy to come back to the Lord and church. I also encouraged Billy to try and reconcile with his wife.

Friday afternoon – I receive a call from Billy. He took flowers and a card by his wife’s apartment asking for forgiveness. I tell Billy I’m proud of him and I’m praying for him. I also reiterated the church’s offer to fly he and his wife to the next Joe Beam’s Couples in Crisis Seminar.

Friday Evening, 8pm – I receive a call from Brett, our Youth Deacon and a good friend of Billy’s, while working the concession stand for the baseball team at Cocoa’s playoff football game. Brett had just spoken to Billy. Billy confessed to Brett that he had an affair. Brett tells Billy that he, Don, and myself will be paying him a visit.

Friday evening, 10:30pm – Brett, our minister – Don, and myself arrive at Billy’s house. Billy, a former world arm wrestling champion is crying like a baby. Billy has confessed the affair to his children (ages 12,13, and 15) and now confesses to us.

Friday evening, 11pm – 4 men in a house in west Cocoa join hands and pray a brother back into the Kingdom! A long day comes to an end on a good note.

Postscript – Billy came forward today to ask for forgiveness and prayers. Billy was surrounded by almost 100 folks as we prayed for he and his family. I would ask that you pray for his wife, Dawn, and their marriage.
This is 24 hours that I won’t soon forget.

Comments:
Praise God from whom all blessings flow!!!! God please annoint this family with your Spirit. Bring a freshness into their midst that will last forever. I pray that You give healing to the broken relationships and that complete reconciliation can take place. Bless their church family as they wrap their arms around them! Do this God, by the power of Jesus Name and through the Holy Spirit!
 
Thanks Keith.
 
That is so awesome. I knew I loved Monday morning blogging.

I will be praying for them too. It takes time sometimes, but God really does work on us, doesn't He? We have a couple of marriages that I am in prayer about also. I'm praying that our Lord keeps working on these people I love as he did on Billy.
 
Thanks Steve. I don't know the names of the marriages (God does) you mentioned in Fresno but I'll lift them up as well.
jxjciny (secret ingredient for my fryed turkey)
 
We're trying Randy. You guys pray that more men at our church will find it in themselves to help Jeff and me shepherd our church.
A hardy qpwwuue to all of you.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?